BBQ Brethren "Hot and Spicy" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[SIZE=+2]"Hot and Spicy"[/SIZE]
CHILE2.gif

Photo from chiliofthemonth.com

...as chosen by Grillinski, the winner of the Wild Game Throwdown!

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

1) The item must be either Grilled or Smoked.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown period ( 10/2 - 10/11 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on the night of 10/11.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin Monday 10/12 after I submit the "Vote" thread and voting will close on Friday 10/16. All votes will be public.

Don't forget the Sausage Throwdown is still accepting entries until midnight Sunday night (10/4)!

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Chicken Breast Throwdown.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Good call since October is National Pickled Pepper Month!

Great, yet another contest I can't enter into because I have already posted my entry. Down with rule number 2! :)

Our new category is...

[SIZE=+2]"Hot and Spicy"[/SIZE]
CHILE2.gif

Photo from chiliofthemonth.com

...as chosen by Grillinski, the winner of the Wild Game Throwdown!

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

1) The item must be either Grilled or Smoked.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown period ( 10/2 - 10/11 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on the night of 10/11.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin Monday 10/12 after I submit the "Vote" thread and voting will close on Friday 10/16. All votes will be public.

Don't forget the Sausage Throwdown is still accepting entries until midnight Sunday night (10/4)!

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Chicken Breast Throwdown.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

I got a chit load of yellow japs and tepin peppers waiting to get picked............decisions, decisions!!!:twisted:

I got a chit load of yellow japs and tepin peppers waiting to get picked............decisions, decisions!!!:twisted:

Hey Bob, are tepins the same as Chiltepins?

Where did you get seeds and any growing tips? I've heard they are a tough one. Trying to ready myself for spring.

Hey Bob, are tepins the same as Chiltepins?

Where did you get seeds and any growing tips? I've heard they are a tough one. Trying to ready myself for spring.

3959964025_43dcb9d570.jpg

Yes, they are one in the same. This is one of my BABY plants. It's two years old. They are also called bird peppers I believe. The birds get most of mine and they then "spread" the seed everywhere. This plant was put there by a bird and then I let it do the rest. The great thing is the plants will be green and putting out peppers till November even December. Then i trim back the dead stuff and every year they come back up in full glory.

3959964025_43dcb9d570.jpg

Yes, they are one in the same. This is one of my BABY plants. It's two years old. They are also called bird peppers I believe. The birds get most of mine and they then "spread" the seed everywhere. This plant was put there by a bird and then I let it do the rest. The great thing is the plants will be green and putting out peppers till November even December. Then i trim back the dead stuff and every year they come back up in full glory.

Thats just plain awesome. I can't wait to get my garden going this spring. I'm thinking Chiltepines, Red Salvinas, Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate Habenero, and maybe Locotos. I'm most excited to make a chiltepin hot sauce.
I'm going to have to beat the neighbors off with a stick (probably the gardeners too). I think I'll just have to plant enough that everyone will have their fill.

vote for rule one to say baked over lump charcoal? :biggrin:

jalapeno & chipotle & chipotle en adobo pizza !

hot, hot, hot!

jalapenopizza-005.jpg

jalapenopizza-006.jpg

jalapenopizza-007.jpg

jalapenopizza-011.jpg

jalapenopizza-013.jpg

jalapenopizza-016.jpg

jalapenopizza-018.jpg

use the pic with arock in it, please 8)

Rick...did you eat the pizza? :twisted: Your presentation and photography are amazing...as usual? :p

Again! Rick, you should wait a few days or you scare everyone else from participating. Small egg, GREAT pizza!

FARK RICK!! Now I'm HUNGRY.....Dang that pie looks good. I'll be cooking on Sunday. I came across some Guajillo pods. I have Hatch green chiles in the deep freeze. Some yellow japs and tepins outside, some tepin powder, chipotle flakes and red serrano powder in the fridge from last year's garden..........so many options. I don't know what fark to make. Maybe some pork green chile casserole, or some NM style red enchiladas Montadas(Jorge loves these), or maybe some mini yellow jap abts kicked up a few notches. All I know is I need some fresh batteries in my camera first. This Throwdown rocks. Or maybe some pork asado. How bout some discada with a yellow jap and tepin salsa? Fark, some Texas Red would hit the spot. I'm so confused!!

Again! Rick, you should wait a few days or you scare everyone else from participating. Small egg, GREAT pizza!

do'oh! maybe i shoulda waited.

that's a large egg, sir henry morgan :biggrin:

Oops, my bad. Was I really that drunk when I wrote that? Saw so many small eggs in ur pics recently. Maybe freudian slip or wishful thinking. The ceramic feet and ur usual plate setter setup should have been a hint. I was just surprised that u had the same in small! ;-)

Pictures

Rick Your pictures are amazing! I am sure this has been asked but what kind of camerado you use?

Back