Prime Rib Wedding

pat

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I have a wedding next weekend for 80 people. Doing a carving station with prime rib and salmon. The bride and groom are in their 70's so the majority of guests will be in a similar age group. Trying to determine how much prime rib to cook assuming an 8oz portion. If I cook for 90 people I am estimating around 53# of uncooked prime rib assuming a 15% loss....or 45# cooked. Anyone care to weigh in on my estimates? Also, what is a good portion size of salmon to serve with the prime rib...4-5oz? Thanks for any advice available!

If the party is going to be a majority of that age group you could easily go 6 if not 4 oz of beef and 4 oz of Salmon. Most wont be able to eat that and several may not be able to eat beef. :heh:

You yield looks good. :thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: pat
Thanks for the reply Bubba. Considering the age of the group I will take your advice and go with a 5 or 6oz portion of prime rib. That should lower my costs as well :thumb:

Yea I agree with Bubba, I work part-time at a senior living retirement residence and cook dinner there. The portion sizes are "smaller" than you would think. Our beef & fish portions range in that group of 4-6 oz. depends on some of the packaging we get. Good luck,
Scott

• Thanks
sounds like a heck of a reception. 80 70 year olds. gonna be a early nite for sure. oh, 6 oz prime ribe 4 oz salmon should work just fine. what kinda sides?

• Thanks
Thanks again everyone for the help! Gonna go 5-6oz prime and 4oz salmon.

southernstyle--We are doing a potato gratin dish and "seasonal veggies" depending on what I find Saturday.

Don't let their age fool ya, these folks know how to have a good time lol.

With that much protein, you may wanna consider Metamucil shooters for dessert. :p

Back