Ahhhh my fingers are burning! (some ABT~Pork Butt UDS pr0n too)

cold_smoked_canadian

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Made my first ABTs and pork butt last night at work and while cleaning the jalapenos I didnt wear gloves...the skin surrounding my fingernails hurts like fark this am. :lol:

Stuffed with cream cheese and tuscany roasted ham strips. The heat was nice! I was expecting molten fire, but tbh they were very managable. I was supposed to save some...but....well....it was long shift.

This weekend Im making em with turkey bacon (!) for my sisters whom only eat meat that flies or swims (turkeys fly?) and I prolly will use reg. green peppers as alot of my family are wimps with heat. :roll:

Pork butt is for today's lunch, Ill see if I can remember to grab some pics before I eat.

ckw45l.jpg

UTjfDl.jpg

Well...those ABT's look like it was worth it to burn your fingers!

Looks good!!!

Soak your fingers in some kind of dairy product. It will help with the burning.

Ive gotta try some of those bacon wraped japs they look fantastic!

Wild Turkeys can fly faster than 50 mph.
And maybe even faster if you feed them some of your ABT's.

I have found that just de seeding and pulling all the membrane out and I even get my wife to run her nails down the inside of the pepper to kinda skin the inside helps a ton with the heat.

They wont be anything close to what you made with regular bell pepper. As suggested, it is very easy to wussyfy the ABT's. I cut them in half lengthwise, then take a spoon and scrape out all the seed and veins. Then thake the spoon and scrape off a little of the the inside wall of the jap, basically the parts that have been touching the seeds and veins. I have a few wussies around here that never complain when we prep them like that.

Thanks guys!!:-D

I would like to soak my hands in some sorta milk product smknwhlswife, but Im at work...I could just hear everyone if Im sitting there with my tender hands in a cup of milk...lol...I'd never live it down. :icon_blush: I googled "jalepeno burning hands" last night and the general consenus was that burning feeling was the effects of teh chemical burn and you're treating the symptom and while some relief from lipids in milk can be found, prevention or eventual habituation are the only remidies. I just gotta live with teh burn till I become immune I guess. :D

I have found that just de seeding and pulling all the membrane out and I even get my wife to run her nails down the inside of the pepper to kinda skin the inside helps a ton with the heat.

Thats whats I heard and tried last night, hence my burning appendages lol I'll try scraping the membrane right out, down the green, thanks for the tip.

Wild Turkeys can fly faster than 50 mph.

I did not know that...We dont have wild turkeys around my parts, only seen em on tv hunting shows and they only show em gettin bagged, not flying. Thanks!

(I guess the giant white farm ones I saw rolling down the hwy at 50 miles an hour that fell off the back of teh truck were not a great representation of the species lol)

Tell sis that Pigs fly so she can get some good pork fat in her system. I truely believe that you could wrap beacon around a rock and smoke it with apple or hickory and eat the rock.

dude, they used to be vegans...Im just glad the bowls of tofu and couscous arent brought out at the family functions anymore. That stuff is horrid and being a polite house guest was hard at times. lol

Back