Pork Butt on my PBC with Pr0n.

IllinoidRick

Knows what a fatty is.
Cooked a 8 pound pork but on my PBC today. Came out great.

Only my 3rd butt I've ever cooked. First one cooked in my COS was tuff and chewy with bitter smoke. Got my PBC a week later and tried a butt again. Much better but not much smoke flavor. I was able to pull this butt unlike my first one.

Today I used the PBC all purpose rub. The butt sat around with the rub for about 30 min while the KBB fired up. Cooked for 4.5 hours at 300 deg. When internal temp reached 165 I pulled and wrapped in foil with some beer for moisture. Let the but rest for 2 hours in the cooler wrapped in towels.

Removed from the cooler and reserved the juice in a half pan. Pulled the fat cap off and removed the bone. Bone had no resistance coming out. Meat pulled easily and and had a nice smoke ring. Meat soaked up the reserved juice from resting in the cooler.

Made some great samwiches with baked beans and cole slaw. Pork had such a nice flavor didn't even use any BBQ sauce.This time I used apple for some smoke and found it a nice mild smokey flavor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 121
Looks great, but I am really surprised 165* gave you pullable pork. My experience has been at least 20* higher than that. But hey, looks good to me...

Back