Couldnt help it.....

Brophy320

Found some matches.
Reaction score
So, i still havent managed to get a fire basket made for the uds, i had some bits but they ended up no good....

I had got all excited so much so that i had made a fatty and rubbed some wings.....

So i thought to hell with it i had a grate madeup for the fire basket just no sides............itll still work i thout..

And you know what it ended a bit messy but it did and tasted awesome, few issues holding temp but there was no seal for the lid.....

So seal for lid and basket then i gotta get some practice in before my lads 1st party as the wife said i could build the uds as long as i do the food for the party....

Good Deal- I wouldn't be able to wait either- what's the holdup on a basket? No expanded metal in the UK?

If the lid leaks a little leave it it's just a little more exhaust

And you know what it ended a bit messy but it did and tasted awesome, few issues holding temp but there was no seal for the lid.....

So seal for lid and basket then i gotta get some practice in before my lads 1st party as the wife said i could build the uds as long as i do the food for the party....

Practice makes perfect......

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you getting ready to cook for the party.... Keep us posted.

Expanded metal a bit of a knightmare, but i think i have cracked it.........,.........I have just been been offered a shopping basket - result

The leak drops the grate temp when windy so ideally want to seal it. but im of the next two days so will have it sorted.

Back