New Indirect Baskets from Weber

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
When I bought that Ranch Kettle a last month, I ordered new handles for it from Weber. I also ordered a pair of these baskets. I finally fgot around to opening the package this morning, and look at what they are making now. These are new to my knowledge, but if y'all have seen them b-4, well, opps! Anyway, I am sure the way this thing is configured it will provide better air flow, so should increase efficiancy of coals... Any thoughts?

Attachments

• weber baskets 008.jpg
    weber baskets 008.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 469
  • weber baskets 007.jpg
    weber baskets 007.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 465
  • weber baskets 009.jpg
    weber baskets 009.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 464
  • weber baskets 010.jpg
    weber baskets 010.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 466
I like them better than the old ones just my opinion better constructed...

Looks like quite an improvement over the ancient ones I'm using. They are just about burned up, so I think it's time to get a set of these. Thanks for the photos!

Those look QUITE a bit more substantial than their predecessors.

Had not seen those yet. Thanks and as said they definitely look to be better quality.
You would think Weber would make a bigger version for the 26" and the Ranch.

They look better, more solid. I had not seen them before.

Much better than the old sheet metal ones. Never seen them either.

Those baskets are not new. Those are the same ones that came with my Performer in 1998. I just got two more sets off of Ebay in January. What would be more likely is that Weber continued to receive complaints on the sheet metal style and has reverted back to this one. Good move on thier part. A much better coal basket IMHO.

Anyone have a link to these either on the Weber site or Amazon? I had the sheet metals ones ..they fall apart and I have to "reshape them" again and again

LOL I'm not that lazy. I can't find those baskets on the site. I only see the sheet metal ones.

I like those, they look better than the sheet metal ones by far.

You can find them under the parts list for the ranch kettle I think...

Those do look pretty sturdy compared to the predecessor.

Hey Bo, for that li'l ol' Ranch do you need four of those baskets? ;>)

I've only used it once, for those 5 pans of appetizers, took 2 baskets a tad over an hour to do them so I think two will be fine, maybe a third but a fourth would be overkill I think. I saw a guy at a comp doing a brisket in a ranch with two baskets...

Those baskets are not new. Those are the same ones that came with my Performer in 1998. I just got two more sets off of Ebay in January. What would be more likely is that Weber continued to receive complaints on the sheet metal style and has reverted back to this one. Good move on thier part. A much better coal basket IMHO.

Those are the baskets that came with my performer back in 1987 or 88, whatever the first year the performer came out.

Back