is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
... unistrut and stainless S-hooks...

photofeb0935844pm.jpg

photofeb0941153pm.jpg

photofeb0941234pm.jpg

photofeb0941510pm.jpg

Did it work? Were you happy with it?

Its on right now, except I just realized the unistrut is gold galvanized. I probably shouldn't be doing this...

I've been waiting for these threads...

Can't you just hang hooks off the grate?

Why not just hang it from the center bar on the top grate?

ON EDIT: What ^^he said!

Its on right now, except I just realized the unistrut is gold galvanized. I probably shouldn't be doing this...

I think you'll be fine. Assuming that the gold galvanizing is still zinc, the zinc won't melt until close to 800 degrees, and if it gets that hot at the top of your WSM you aren't eating the chicken anyway.

Can't you just hang hooks off the grate?

I'm sure that you could, but then you'd have to take the grate on and off to put the food on and take it off later.

REVISED! I didn't want to do it this way because its harder to get to the meat but this will suffice until I come up with an alternative to unistrut

photofeb0944416pm.jpg

if this works, I am going to buy some hooks from PBC. They are longer and better than standard S hooks.

I was waiting for someone to do this mod, As Austin Powers would say "very groovy baby"

I would run that hook over the grid bar too. Probably doesn't matter for a single chicken though.

I think the best way to do it would be to buy a 21 inch piece of rebar and put it perpendicular to the grate. You wouldn't actually have to install anything, and it would distribute the weight more evenly for larger cuts.

Looks great. I was thinking about recommending something similar to a buddy of mine with a WSM. :thumb: I'm looking forward to hearing your results.

I bought the weber rotisserie ring from cajun bandit and it accepts rotisserie rods from two different orientations so it should be pretty easy to run the rods through and voila - weber pbc...

I ran the rods through both sides it and it looks like it will work great. I will give it a try on my next cook on the wsm. I bought a pbc a few weeks ago and havent used that yet either - been working too much...

Back