Votes: 27 25.7%
  • Thinking about it

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bobbys

Found some matches.
Reaction score
After reading a brothers post of a fire in his UDS, its got me thinking I should always have a fire extinguisher close by in case of emergency. Its now on my list of things to buy before running my UDS again.So just wondering if you guys all have extinguishers ?

Let me expand on this:

A good idea is to have a box of Arm & Hammer open and within reach. A large thick blanket that can smother a fire is also a good thing to have. NEVER use water on a grease fire.

Boy Scout motto.

We do now....Baking soda and a fire extinguisher. I hope we never have to use the latter.

Yep, got a few of them around the house to be sure. I even used one this spring to save the lawn tractor from going up in flames. Make sure you get one rated for all types of fires so you don’t need to worry if it’s a grease fire or electrical.

Hell yes. Fully charged and handy.

I have one in my kitchen but I have one on my shopping list for this weekend to add to my garage especially after reading about Marty's bad luck last weekend. This is the third or fourth close call I have read about since joining this forum. One was a kitchen fire, two were deck fires and now a UDS fire that almost turned into a deck fire. I guess a lot of us including myself figure that it will never happen to me.

^^^Yup. Nobody plans on having their house burn down.

I have a cheap kitchen fire extinguisher that I take outside when I'm cooking on the grill or the smoker but I really need to get a better quality extinguisher at some point.

A fire extinguisher on hand? Well, I usually have a fire extinguisher in hand. :mrgreen:

DSC07838a.jpg

Seriously, I have two extinguishers mounted on the side of my beer fridge and another right under the sink.​

there's 2 fire extinguishers parked 2 blocks from my house...

but yes... now that i think about it... i should get one.

I have one under my kitchen sink. Not sure if that counts since it isn't directly outside with me. Just had a patio built away from my house so if things do go up in flames I can probably have a few beers before I really need to try and put it out :p.

Heck yeah, here is a pic of one standing by Semper Paratus.

picture.php

Voted no since I don't have one out on the deck where the grill and smoker are, but I do have one in the house.

Always. I can head in any direction from my smoker/grills and grab a extinguisher. I have them all over my property. They were installed long before I starting smoking. I had them for when I weld.

I always have at least one fire extinguisher within a short distance (< 20 feet) from where I'm smoking. I also have a 5 gallon jug of water that I use for washing my hands & etc. that's right by the smoker should anything outside the smoker start on fire. If nothing else that will slow things down enough for me to retrieve the hose that's < 75 feet away. Never can be too safe IMO. Cheers!!!

I have 3 fire extinguishers but, I don't keep one directly by my pit. There of course is one in the kitchen and there are two in my box of competition gear. I don't keep one by the pit mainly because of two reasons. First, I make sure to keep my smokers away from anything flamable, no decks, no wood, no debris, and atleast 15' away from any buildings. Second, other people, if a fire starts in my cooking equipment, I'm going to not just think about putting it out but possibly controlling it and the overall health of the equipment, where as another person is just going to see "FIRE!" freak out and hose down everything without takind the time to realize that they could have done something much different to stop it.
Like I said though, I do keep two with my competition stuff and that's not just because it's a requirement but, you don't know where you might have to set up and the possibility of debris fires due to it and, you don't know who you are cooking next to. They could end up setting your stuff on fire and be more worried about their own stuff than yours.
I do believe it is always good to be safe though, I like to go over "worst case scenarios" with whoever I might have helping me out and how potential problems can be avoided by taking the right precautions.
Better to be safe than sorry.

Back