New comp coming to NY

smokinit

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
A little bird told me about a new comp coming to NY think past Lake Placid:becky:

Who knew NY was such a Comp BBQ hotbed? How many state championships is NY going to have this year?

Who knew NY was such a Comp BBQ hotbed? How many state championships is NY going to have this year?

It only makes sense considering the The BBQ Brethren are headquartered here!

Actually, its 2, one near albany, one near buffalo.

:)

last count was 9, likely 11, possibly 12.

Can we specify UPSTATE NY in the title next time. I was Waayyy too excited to open the thread only to find out it's going to be in Canada :doh: I'm thinking we need another comp in the 5boroughs/LI area....Just my.02

I agree! Lower New York (NYC & LI) needs to secede from Upstate New York and form the 51st state: Newer York!

I was Waayyy too excited to open the thread only to find out it's going to be in Canada :doh: I'm thinking we need another comp in the 5boroughs/LI area....Just my.02

What a coincidence. Stay tuned for a possible announcement about an event in May on Long Island.

Eric

What a coincidence. Stay tuned for a possible announcement about an event in May on Long Island.

Eric

and to think I was just about to say, don't worry there will be another couple of shake and bake championships......:doh:

Yes two new comps run by Arlie Bragg..not really happy about this as one is the same day as our event and the other is the week prior. Seems like KCBS wanted the cash y so they keep booking comps. Gonna ikill us little guys. Just trying to make a buck for charity. I am sure Arlie does a good job, but jeez...couldn't have gone to Georgia or Kentucky that weekend?

www.brockportbbqfest.com we will treat our competitors right!!

Can we specify UPSTATE NY in the title next time. I was Waayyy too excited to open the thread only to find out it's going to be in Canada :doh: I'm thinking we need another comp in the 5boroughs/LI area....Just my.02

I agree! Lower New York (NYC & LI) needs to secede from Upstate New York and form the 51st state: Newer York!

OK, bash me if you want.... but here is my peave..... when you say NEW YORK, you mean state, when you say NC, you mean NORTH CAROLINA..... my point is, if you mean a city, state the city, not the state. NEW YORK, NEW YORK, is New York (city) in the state of New York..... get the picture here.

So when someone asks me where I was born, I usually say, a little town in New York state..... then they know. If I was to just say New York, well....... I am going to my corner now.

OK, bash me if you want.... but here is my peave..... when you say NEW YORK, you mean state, when you say NC, you mean NORTH CAROLINA..... my point is, if you mean a city, state the city, not the state. NEW YORK, NEW YORK, is New York (city) in the state of New York..... get the picture here.

So when someone asks me where I was born, I usually say, a little town in New York state..... then they know. If I was to just say New York, well....... I am going to my corner now.

If you ask any one from New York, whether it be Upstate NY, NYC or Long Island, they will all say that NY should be broken up into 2 states.
It's like 2 completely different worlds.
I wish they would make Long Island a city, so I could at least say I'm from Long Island, NY instead of Seaford, NY.
Most people from outside of NY have heard of Long Island, so it could be considered a major city.
Most people from outside of NY have NOT heard of the town of Seaford, on Long Island, in New York.

I'm stoned so I may be rambling. I hope I made a point.

Who names a city in the state the same name as the state?? You're just asking for confusion. But what do I know...I may be moving to Ohio, OH next week, or was it West Virginia, WV?? :doh:

I know talk of one in or around Plattsburgh brewing. The doozie is the guy in Syracuse who called me and told he has something working the same weekedn as the Wilson comp: back to back KCBS comps on Saturday and Sunday.

If they all make it that means 13 stops on the Empire State series.

Back