Venison..but not smoked

Thanks Gtsum, hope you try it sometime!

Very interesting. Jeanie is like an Amish gal with internet!

Some may not know but I worked with qndummy for over 15 years but he gave up on us and retired. I remember him talking about canning fish after his many productive fishing trips. Two things missing around here now, Dicks fish and Kneppers cashew brittle.

Hey Jeanie you make cashew brittle?:becky:
lol Pat... an Amish gal I'm not. :p :laugh: I bet Qndummy's fresh canned fish was awesome...
I make cashew brittle but my favorite is bacon brittle. :-D
http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2008/09/for-bacon-lovers.html
Thanks Pat. :wink:

lol Bill.. Thanks!

NRA, I'll try the bay leaf... Thanks!

Canned Deer meat is Terrific !

So many great uses for it. Now I am kicking myself for not canning any this year.

Venison jsut doesnt seem to last long enough around my house to can....wonder why??

October 9th at 9 a.m.
0e5bc0db.jpg

October 9th at 6 p.m.
06d7bd42.jpg

Dang Jeanie!

Why do you do this to me?!?!?! :mad:

Now I feel like a 5 year-old waiting for Christmas and my new pressure canner. I'm reading through this and thinking of Home Canned Beef Stew, Home Canned Chili, Home Canned Stocks, Home Canned Chicken Soup! Please make the voices stop! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

There are times I think you really suck.....:becky:

Jeanie's got it can it up. good good. :-D
Divemaster don't look in my pantry:p

Yeah cowgirl that is great. I may have to try that, we have a stock pile of deer this year.

I was just checking out your smoke house. Man, that is a thing of beauty. :clap2:

Thanks OlyQ. :-D

Nice one Cubs!

Jeff, I know this is an old post... but (((HUGS))).... :becky:

Thanks Rondini! Canned game is handy to have around. :thumb:

Thanks Capozzoli! I use the heck out of my smokehouse... really love the thing. :-D

Thanks for the canning info! I refused to look at this thread for the longest time just because, I was buckless again this year and miss having venison in the freezer soooooo much. Think I'm going to go be depressed now. :laugh:

Back