Stubbs Charcoal - IMO Good Stuff

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I even searched before starting this thread & it seems most discussion is a couple years old, but my new experience seems pretty consistent with those earlier posts. Bought a couple 15 lb bags for $8 each at Lowes and used some last night for the first time. Looks to me like it burns a hotter & cleaner than KBB and nowhere near the amount of ash at the end of the cook. I like it and will use more. Anybody have any idea who makes it?

Ive used a couple bags in the Akorn not bad stuff.. Reminds me I have a new bag I bought a few months ago..

This thread says it is made by Cowboy.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46625

It is my go to Briquette, my wife works at Lowes so I get 10% off and happen to be there a lot.

I would still seek it out if that wasn't the case, like you said clean burning with long burn times and low ash output. Great fuel for my WSM. :thumb:

I like it a lot.

I think it smells really nice when its lighting and burning.

Never have any off tastes when using it -

AND - it's reasonably priced.

:thumb:

It's my favorite charcoal. In December my Lowe's blows it out for about $2.99 a bag. I usually try to get it all.

my lowes no longer sells it. and other places sell it for so much its a no go.
seems a lot of these specialty stuff comes and goes but ro stays so thats what i use.

I don't see RO very often. How does it compare to KBB? I decided to try the Stubbs because the KBB has so much ash and was just looking for an alternative.
my lowes no longer sells it. and other places sell it for so much its a no go.
seems a lot of these specialty stuff comes and goes but ro stays so thats what i use.

Back