Who's Judging Your Food?

FatBoyz

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I have a story to tell. I was given the great privlage of judging Sams Madison. While I was doing my thing with the chicken i looked at the older lady next to me me and i relized she was just licking the chicken she licked under the skin and then the top of the skin.. then she put it down and moved on to the next peace. I thought to my self well she is a MASTER JUDGE she must know what she is doing... flash forward 1 week. my good friend Fat Andy called me and said hay one of the ladys that cooked with me that i said should not be MASTER JUDGES god scolded by Buzz for not eating the chicken!!!!!! when questioned why shy was not biting the meat she said she only likes the sauce...now this is hear say on the second part but i saw the first part with my own eyes...

questions
1 how is she a judge
2 how is she a master judge
3 why arn't the rep's hearing about this kind of stuff.
4 HOW DO YOU JUDGE TENDERNESS WITH A LICK!!!!!!!!!

please KCSB dont tell me that you are going to have some bad apples in every bunch.... i spend far to much money and time to compete to here that... YOUR JOB IS TO MAKE SURE JUDGES LIKE THIS ARE NOT JUDGING OUR FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yes i got a comment card at my sams event... i love the crunchyness of the chicken bone shard..... scores 999 lolololol

thank you all for reading please go back to watching olympic soccer

i looked at the older lady next to me me and i relized she was just licking the chicken she licked under the skin and then the top of the skin.. then she put it down and moved on to the next peace.
Did you call this to the attention of the table captain or rep?

You're right. She shouldn't be let back, and she should have her CBJ revoked.

While I was doing my thing with the chicken i looked at the older lady next to me me and i relized she was just licking the chicken she licked under the skin and then the top of the skin.. then she put it down and moved on to the next peace. I thought to my self well she is a MASTER JUDGE she must know what she is doing...

Ok, Im a new judge and don't compete but isn't the point when you discretely notify the table captain ...

see i did not think i should say something thay put master judges with new judges as a mentering thing.... If i ever judge again i will not be quiet

They need to start making the judges pay the same entry fee as the teams, to be a judge for the competition. This would get rid of the dead weight.

They need to start making the judges pay the same entry fee as the teams, to be a judge for the competition. This would get rid of the dead weight.

Not really; doesn't work.

Mind you, I'm all for getting rid of dead weight. However, I recall one of the largest contests here in the south is the Big Pig Jig in Vienna. You dont hear much 'round here about this because it's a huge MBN competition. Anyway, in 2006 they had too many judges and lots of complaints about this, so they decided to weed the pack down a little and charge judges $25 to judge. Well, they went from many hundreds (like 500) of judges down to something like 80 the next year (to judge 100+ teams). That tack pretty much had FAIL all over it. They've since changed that.

Oh, bye the way, an MBN dead-weight person that I know of did pay her $25 and went that year...

Never underestimate dead-weight.

The rep can't do anything if he is not notified. You should of said something the other judges at the table should of said something and your table captain should of said something. keith

Man, I'm hoping that this was a joke.

Eric

again folks how is this person a MASTER JUDGE... Andy said he gave them a realy bad review on there paperwork...

I was cooking at this comp in MI and was cooking next to Andy. I heard this exact same thing and was ticked off more than I can say. The whole time they were announcing the awards for chicken, I kept thinking 6 teams got screwed on their chicken scores because of this 1 "master" judge.

again folks how is this person a MASTER JUDGE... Andy said he gave them a realy bad review on there paperwork...
I guess 180 other people over 30 contest did not say anything either. People in WI must be more reserved than people down here. keith

As a rokie judge, is this a slam of judges or the system. I see this as a "system" issue not that the OP was going either way.
We were told that if you dont like it you still need to taste (bite it) it. Taste it, chew it, rate it spit it out if you are not a fan. She needs some re-education and yes table captain should have been notified.

So, this 'master' judge has had at least 30 contests of just licking meat. And no one said anything about it during this time.. Disturbing. Very, Very disturbing.

Back