Dry aging commercial meat locker $80.00

BLACKSMOKE-LS7

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just pulled nearly every part out of my TRUE GDM-10 scrubbed and 10% bleached it and now dialing in the 33-37F. temp. Range.

If anyone's interested please post,and I will continue.:-D

Hell yes I'm interested! How 'bout some pron? :hungry:

Good luck. Can you take pictures? Maybe one a day or every other day? It would make a interesting video recording.

Does you cooler have a glass door?

After finding local dry aged prime prIme rib for $30.00 a lb. I started looking into getting $10-$15 prime prime rib and doing it myself.
This 10 cf. frig. Will hold two ribs up to 25" long.
Has a large fan above which is always on and holds 33-37F.
Now I need to get a hydrometer.

Questions?

Good luck. Can you take pictures? Maybe one a day or every other day? It would make a interesting video recording.

Does you cooler have a glass door?

GDM-10=Glass Door Merchandizer 10 cubic feet.
True did a SN look up and it was first used in a Rite-Aid 01-21-2001
It needed a door seal which is $51-$68.

These units new are about $1400.00
USED Refebished are $500.00-$700.00
BUT That does not mean you cannot find one for much less as I did.
I found two locally for $500.00 and $650.00 then I found one sold at an auction for $115.00 IIRC so I kept looking and found mine,he was asking $120.00 but took $80.00.
BTW,this was all done yesterday.:thumb:

We can find that model in our area for about $250-300. $80 is a killer deal. Keep up the good work.

Photos, pictures, images .....Please!!!... the anticipation is killing me...!!!!

Photos, pictures, images .....Please!!!... the anticipation is killing me...!!!!

I used to use a laptop which I did post pix but now I just use an IPad and cell wi-fi so if anyone can help me figure out how to use a D40 or cell to iPad I can post.

I'm guessing you're aiming for 33-37F for a holding temp. What RH% are you trying to achieve? Do you just age over time or are you looking for a specific % weight reduction? Sounds like a fun project!

I used to use a laptop which I did post pix but now I just use an IPad and cell wi-fi so if anyone can help me figure out how to use a D40 or cell to iPad I can post.

Send the pics to yourself via email and then retrieve them via email from your ipad.

Edit: Or takes pics with the terrible camera thats in the iPad...

I'm guessing you're aiming for 33-37F for a holding temp. What RH% are you trying to achieve? Do you just age over time or are you looking for a specific % weight reduction? Sounds like a fun project!

I'm shooting for those temps and a RH of 70-80%
This unit has a commercial fan built in on the top and moves air great.
The RH will be tested and adjusted using a one gallon paint bag. And silicon to achieve my desired RH.
I need a high quality SS S type hook to hang from the top rack,any links would be great.

The fresh new door seal and rack hardware should be here tomorrow,just replaced the flouro bulb too.

This thing is a real showcase with the double pane glass and lighting,although it also has a switch for the lamp which I may keep off most of the time.

Any suggestions guys?

Back