New source for Waygu - Williams Sonoma?

eggzlot

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone saw this, but I have seen some threads about the rising price of Waygu from some farmers.

I got this today - Williams Sonoma now has their own mail order "butcher shop" and they list Waygu Briskets for $85. The farm is Oregon-based Yamaya.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/shop/food/food-meat-poultry/?cm_type=lnav (all products)

Waygu link: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/washugyu-beef-brisket/?pkey=cfood-meat-poultry|meatbeef

I am looking to get into competitions, have not done one yet. But this seemed like a competitive price from what I've seen elsewhere. They also had some other interesting products too but like usual WS stuff, rather expensive.

yes you are correct We saw this and according to our weight calcs they are charging 8 bucks a pound delivered....

Not sure if anyone saw this, but I have seen some threads about the rising price of Waygu from some farmers.

I got this today - Williams Sonoma now has their own mail order "butcher shop" and they list Waygu Briskets for $85. The farm is Oregon-based Yamaya.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/shop/food/food-meat-poultry/?cm_type=lnav (all products)

Waygu link: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/washugyu-beef-brisket/?pkey=cfood-meat-poultry|meatbeef

I am looking to get into competitions, have not done one yet. But this seemed like a competitive price from what I've seen elsewhere. They also had some other interesting products too but like usual WS stuff, rather expensive.

You don't need to use Waygu to be competitive. Trust me.

I did everything but enter my credit card # in, seems like $13.50 to deliver to NJ.

Item Description

Edit items in this shipment Gift Wrap

Price

Quantity

Total

img68f.jpg

• Washugyu Beef Brisket
  • <LI class=item-number>Item #: 60-3766029
n/a $85.00 1 $85.00

$85.00
Merchandise:

$13.50
Shipping and Processing Charges:

$98.50

the shipping on the site for a brisket order shipped to alabama was only $14 if that is right that is a whole lot cheaper than SRF or Strube Ranch

you could also sign up for a program pay $30 and have free shipping for a year worth it if you ordered more than 2 during a year

It says it is shipped fresh - I've never ordered meat to be shipped to my house, but I would think that they would want to overnight or 2-day it in a cooler, and that seems like it would cost more than $14.

the shipping on the site for a brisket order shipped to alabama was only $14 if that is right that is a whole lot cheaper than SRF or Strube Ranch

Sounds like the 30$ free shipping for a year is a good deal. Brisket from srf shipping 61$.

Check it out and let us know what the quality is like. It may offer a good solution for the east coast. I know shipping from SRF or Strube can get out of control shipping to the east.

I can get KBA (Kobe Beef of America) locally for $4 lb and SRF is very cheap to ship to western WA. So it may not work for me....

Pay the $30 for the years worth of shipping and use the hell out of it. At $85 a brisket, you'd be getting a solid deal for good quality wagyu.

kinda small.... but may be worth a shot for that price with minimal shipping compared to what I have dealt with in the past.

So, do you guys really think it is a good idea for someone who has never competed to be internet ordering waygu brisket for comps?

good point.. id say no... i havent used them in comps in 3 years after getting 3 bad batches in a row. Marbling was so heavy that i had trouble getting decent slices for the judges.. Wagyu isnt a guarantee you get the walk. I did no better, no worse when I used them compared to CABS or Sterling.

But, the price on these arent bad for what I was paying... $300 for 2. shipping was 90-110$ overnighted.

This is cheaper than SRF?

William Sonoma is $98.50 for a 10-13 pound brisket. Works out to $7.58-$9.85/lb.

SRF is $132.50 for a 17-20+ pound brisket. Works out to $7.79-$6.62/lb. I have seen 22lb briskets from SRF and that is $6.02/lb. This includes next day air shipping with a styrofoam box and 6 reuseable freezer packs.

SRF is cheaper.

Last edited:
Back