THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MN-QUE

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Greg
Just an opinion / Question.

Last summer I had the opportunity to purchase some Chops and Shoulder from a heritage breed farmer at a local farmers market. The meat was almost dark red and a bit marbled. Hands down this was the most magnificent pork I have ever tasted.
Just wondering how many on here look for local product as opposed to big box or butcher shop cuts. Sort of a Farm to table know where your food comes from thought process.

The price for this was significantly higher than say CC or SC purchase. but I thought it was worth the extra $$$.

I feel like I have to find a source for Beef now too and give that a test. :grin:

Thanks,

Greg

Hard to beat quality farm raised pork!

f93e6b95c987aed55d653bb8abd1861c.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: EdF
I've started using a local meat processor for my pork butts and I'm having great results so far. They're darker than what you would normally see in a grocery store. Not sure the breed or anything, but they taste great.

Can't beat home grown. You have control over their breeding, food intake, quality of life and a clean slaughter at the end. A happy pig is a tasty pig.

CaKe8US.jpg

2662BNf.jpg

dctdjMG.jpg

hkjiIx2.jpg

Ioq0m0z.jpg

Back