Here's the beef ribs my Armadillo was guarding....

Westexbbq

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Beefers are a personal favorite and I noticed all the recent beef ribs posts, got these going this past Sunday for my son Morgan's birthday.(31)
(see rare sightings on LI thread re the armadillo reference....)

Anywho, prepped with a little worshey and brisket blend tx bbq rub, let the Smokemaster do it's thing with mesquite most of the way and the results were mighty tasty with some Ranch Style beans, corn on the cob, slaw and a cold Shiner of course.

Attachments

• IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 438
  • IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 439
Last edited:
Pure texas style bbq all the way bro!! That's the real deal. Dang, I wish I could find beef ribs that are as meaty as that up here in the MI state.

Nice ribs there, so meaty.

Fred Flintstone as well as me are very proud of those yummy looking dino bones!

Beef ribs and Shiner!! Now your talkin'. :-D Looks better than fantastic!

I read somewhere that if you ask your butcher to de-bone a standing rib road, ask him to leave you more meat for what our brother has shown here. Don't know if that's what he did, but the cryovac'd ribs I get from Harris Ranch, central California, are meaty but not nearly this good.
Awesome bones, bro!

Damn!!! Where did you find beef ribs with that much meat??? Wow!!!!
Ask your local butcher for beef short ribs :p There is a big difference between beef spareribs and beef short ribs. Short ribs are what was cooked above.

Mike

Gotta love Brisket on a stick!!!!

They look great!!!!

The beef ribs in my local grocery looked like a hyeana had already picked them clean. I thought it was a disgrace to even sell the cryovaced bunch of bones they were selling for $2.79 a lb.

really nice job wes !!!

and Sled is right.. that is a nice cooker.. I don't think the former owner ever cooks though :roll:

really nice job wes !!!

and Sled is right.. that is a nice cooker.. I don't think the former owner ever cooks though :roll:

Thanks Vinny and all y'all,

You bet, it is a fine cooker and just my style to boot; gets a lot of use and hardly no abuse; nicknamed SRV with the Stevie Ray ref 'cause it's my Pride and Joy.

Back