Grilled Pizza

Rich Parker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have been seeing a lot of folks grilling pizza so I just had to give it a try.

Picked up a large ball of dough from a local pizzeria for $2 and a cheap pizza stone from Target. The toppings were sausage, mushroom, onions, and jalapeños.

I fired up a full chimney of briquettes and when they were all ashed over I dumped them around the outer edge of the kettle.

I overcooked this pie but Brandy and Maddy's pie came out perfect. This is WAY better than delivery any day!

5606087542_781dafa53e_z.jpg

5605505417_1ab3012080_z.jpg

That looks fantastic. Got any leftovers for breakfast this morning? :grin:

So, did you just walk into a pizza joint and ask for raw dough??? I would have never guessed they would sell you some.

NICE!

Yup....I recently discovered that grilled pizza is farkin AWESOME!

Although I always suspected, I only recently attmpted it.

Yours looks perfect! I'm with Phubar....that last pick's the CHIT!:clap2:

Nice job! Be careful with the cheap pizza stone. They have been known to shatter due to the heat of the coals.

That looks fantastic. Got any leftovers for breakfast this morning? :grin:

So, did you just walk into a pizza joint and ask for raw dough??? I would have never guessed they would sell you some.

Yup, I was reading Wampus's thread about his pizza and then got to another thread where Phil was talking about walking in and buying dough, so i tried it and they said sure $2 for a large. Heck of a lot easier than making my own.

Nice job! Be careful with the cheap pizza stone. They have been known to shatter due to the heat of the coals.

Thanks! I was reading somewhere that I should put the lit coals around the outer edge so that the stone doesn't get too hot. It seemed to work, so i will keep my fingers crossed. :pray:

Back