Roll Call. Inside 30 days. HAVA BBQ Feb 26-27 Lake Havasu City, AZ

Desertdog

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Who else is coming out to this great event? Almost 70 teams signed up!

From the website:

Looking for a perfect winter getaway where you can BBQ in 70° temperatures in February, we have the perfect place for you alongside the beach at Lake Havasu. Come join in the fun and enjoy the best in BBQ competition here in Lake Havasu City, AZ. On February 26th & 27th, we will be holding our HAVA BBQ London Bridge Style event.

This KCBS sanctioned event includes all the typical foods: Chicken, Ribs, Pulled Pork and Brisket plus “Anything Butt” and “Desserts”. Just for fun, we are reviving Lake Havasu’s old Salsa Challenge too, so bring your best salsa recipe and plenty of chips to enjoy all the festivities.

In.

Can you believe this is looking like 70 teams?

Yes Man Year Two with a well managed year one this could be 100 teams

Looking forward starting the 2010 season with this contest out at Lake Havasu.

We will be there. It will be really interesting to see how it all goes off. Huge contest for a first year event.....should be a good time.

72 confirmed teams and counting.

For this area, this is HUGE.

With the huge number of teams, they're still looking for a few judges. Email Cheryl Ramsden - address is on the contest site.

I'll be there! Takin' the class on Thursday.

John

Looks like they are up to 76 teams for this first year event.....2 1/2 weeks to go, can't wait!

Man, I might be able to head to AZ anyway. I'm not going to try and figure out the logistics of competing... So if anyone needs a dishwasher, I 'might' be able to be talked in to driving up from Tucson.

Probably my main selling point is... What is the water temp and will the boaters be out in full force!!!! :twisted:

Man, I might be able to head to AZ anyway. I'm not going to try and figure out the logistics of competing... So if anyone needs a dishwasher, I 'might' be able to be talked in to driving up from Tucson.

Probably my main selling point is... What is the water temp and will the boaters be out in full force!!!! :twisted:

Not sure on water temp, but air temp will be high 70s (I hope). I'm leaving Tucson Thursday Afternoon but we stop in Phoenix on the way to pick up the brisket cook, and we won't leave there until Friday.

Wave at me as you go past, boys, we'll miss seeing you all this time. :frown:

Leaving Tucson Thursday around noon and going straight there. Looking forward to this one 74 teams yahoo

Back