THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simply one of the most outstanding forums I have run across, become a member of and thought it worthy enough to donate to keep things alive! All of these guys who are active are humorous, down to earth and real. I have learned a ton in the past couple of months and find more and more on each visit! Soon I will be attending a KCBS Judge class and maybe, just maybe, this forum has prepared me a bit to be a decent one.

This site ........what do you say.....I stumbled on this site 2 years ago and of course found the UDS thread. Built 3 and gave 2 of them to friends. Bought a Texas Longhorn (16" diameter) offset, then bought a medium spicewine, and then a gatorpit entertainer and of course all the accessories (cambro etc). By the way..I love my spicewine. After feeding the neighbors for a year people started requesting to buy and now we have done several parties, 2 wedding rehearsal dinners, business events and now I am slowly trying to make everything legal and plan on doing a comp or two near the end of summer into fall. I smell like smoke on weekends, my garage in full of bags of lump and kingsford, I have oak, hickory, and apple stacked out back and of course I had to have a saw for that. I have cooked for parties that kept me up all night, stressed out as deadlines approaching (learning the hard way) and I spend too much time on the computer looking for new recipes etc. Now I'm going to a comp class in a couple of months. Where does this stop? All I can say is BEWARE if you enter these gates! The check is in the mail for real.

Last edited:
Lot's of good info and discussion here. Plenty of material to stay busy reading for a long time.

This site ROCKS! I have been surfing old threads and posts for days. I think I have learned so much new BBQ knowledge I've forgotten how to (insert verb here)...
Look forward to learning more.

No. Not at all. I pay to be here, visit the site multiple times a day, post frequently (sometimes even pr0n) ... all because I am a thorough masochist. This site gives me pains in parts of my body that I didn't know I had. I also like to drill holes in my bones and etch floral designs in my chest with dull, rusty nails.

In short ... hell yes, I like this site!

(for the humor impaired, the first paragraph is called "dry, dark sarcasm")

I've been hanging around here for several months. The knowledge I have gained is immeasurable. You people are great. I'm in! Just bought my first subscription....finally!:biggrin:

I love the site. Very informative. I signed up about 6 or 7 years ago and forgot about the site.

Love the site, will soon be doing a memebership. Haven't posted much because of all the reading. Need more hours in the day to read...or slack at work one!

I love this site, there are a few great BBQ forums, blogs and sites here in the Netherlands but this forum rocks when it comes to BBQ.

I subscribed to the forum and the day after signed for membership to get to use this forum in a good way.

This is forum is "Retegoed" (= dutch for awesome )

Back