Best Place to Buy 55 gal Drums in OKC Metro area?

jpenny2525

The Past threads on UDS/UBS has inspired me to give it try and build my own. I have made some calls to the few places in the yellow book and finding 55 gal drums for $65 to $75, but don't know if this is a fair price....

My question is this...... does anyone know of a better place/cheaper place where one can buy open top drums in the OKC metro area or just ouside or OKC? Heck if the price is righ I wouldn't mind going for a short drive!

put a wanted to buy ad in craigslist

The Past threads on UDS/UBS has inspired me to give it try and build my own. I have made some calls to the few places in the yellow book and finding 55 gal drums for $65 to $75, but don't know if this is a fair price....

My question is this...... does anyone know of a better place/cheaper place where one can buy open top drums in the OKC metro area or just ouside or OKC? Heck if the price is righ I wouldn't mind going for a short drive!
Wichita, Kansas.
55 gal with Lid...$12.50.

Last edited:
I feel bad for the people that have to search for and then pay for drums. I wish I was closer to give you 1 or 5.

just paid $140 for a brand new 85g 26" Yellow Salvage Drum here in AZ
Then $40 for a Tel-Tru, $40 for a ball valve and intake pipes, $50 for chrome exhaust tip, about $30ish each for a couple 26" weber racks, $20 for some spring handles & rods...

Still working on a mamba jamba charcoal basket. Could be over 4 bills before it ever sees some smoke!@ yikes! I told my wife these were cheap!

I did just that and posted on craigslist for a 55 gal drum and so far nothing. Like I said I have found a few places that I can get a NEW drum for $65 to $75, but wanted to keep cost down. I have spent a good penny on a new longhorn and a few of the upgrades (charcoal basket, convection plate, heavy duty cover and BBQ Guru DIGI II) and wife is giving me a evil eye when I mention BBQ, Smokers and more MONEY! Heres a pic f my wife of 20 years.... :evil: Ok, a tame pic but you get he picture!:wink:

http://linexofoklahomacity.com/

I got my barrels from LineX here in Louisiana. They have the plastic liner that you have to burn and grind out. Once you get the liner out your good to go.

I got the first one for free and then the owner wised up and charged me $10 each for the next 2.

Resurrecting an old post, but has there been any change as far as finding barrels in OKC??

I've looked for over a year with no luck. Dallas seems to be the best place if you wanna drive down.

I just gave up basically when I found a PBC on Craigslist by chance. I bought it and love it. I'm actually gonna be selling it soon because I want a new one with the porcelain coating and because I'm former military they will put a special Air Force logo on it for me no extra charge.

Good luck with your hunt though. Maybe you'll have better luck than I did.

I've looked for over a year with no luck. Dallas seems to be the best place if you wanna drive down.

I just gave up basically when I found a PBC on Craigslist by chance. I bought it and love it. I'm actually gonna be selling it soon because I want a new one with the porcelain coating and because I'm former military they will put a special Air Force logo on it for me no extra charge.

Good luck with your hunt though. Maybe you'll have better luck than I did.

They have to be all over the place there...had to look in all the wrong places Andrew. When you do find one I know what you're gonna do!

They have to be all over the place there...had to look in all the wrong places Andrew. When you do find one I know what you're gonna do!

I really haven't found anything. I've looked on Craigslist and just kept my eyes open but nothing. Maybe Im looking in the wrong places but apparently with the recent post and the thread in general I'm not alone. I am picky though and I wouldn't use something that contained chemicals or transmission flyid,etc. Food grade barrels.....nope not in OKC.
BUT! I've really stopped lookin. I've got a PBC now and gonna get me a shinny new one soon. There's more of a chance I'll pick up a wsm now.....I still like weber's after all! :becky:

I buy 55 gallon drums from a place in Pryor oklahoma for $10. They have a bunch of them. They are also smooth without the ridges in them. They look really nice painted. I used 3 of them to make a t shaped Uds for my cousin last year. The only problem with them, is that they don't have the 2 inch bung hole in the top of them if you want that. The place is called Claw mart

I buy 55 gallon drums from a place in Pryor oklahoma for $10. They have a bunch of them. They are also smooth without the ridges in them. They look really nice painted. I used 3 of them to make a t shaped Uds for my cousin last year. The only problem with them, is that they don't have the 2 inch bung hole in the top of them if you want that. The place is called Claw mart

That's a great price.Do they have the lining inside?

Back