Big Creek Take RGC and other results

Merl

Full Fledged Farker
Jeff of Big Creek BBQ took RGC at the Blue Springs BBQ Championship. That is a great showing amoung some incredible cooks. Jeff has had a great season, and is always a welcome competitor.

Other Results:
Blue Springs:
GC - Smoke on the water.
RGC - Big Creek BBQ

Sparta, Wi
GC - 2 Fat bikers
RGC - Prairie Oak Smokers

Salem, Il
GC - Dr. Porkenstein
RGC - Quau.

Wow! Great Job to everyone, but especially to Jeff, Buzz and Alex and Kate!

Also.....

Ashland, MS
GC - River City Rub
RGC - South Pork

Ok, Jeff.....tried to send you a PM with a congrats but apparantly everyone else had the same idea and your mailbox is now full. :p

Congrats on the RGC!!

Jeff your knocken on the door of the GC I can see it coming soon. WTG!

Wasn't just us today... Todd and Randy, the Plowboys, took 3rd place overall and Todd was thrilled to get his first ever hometown title (for teams from Blue Springs). I think he said he's been trying for five years to get it. Congrats, guys! And Bubba and Jeff got 5th overall with some strong Q turn-ins!!

Thanks guys! What a great day it's been, even on a whopping 20 minutes of sleep last night! And to make it even more fun, Taylor took 3rd in Kids Q! Tammy and I wanted to express our thanks to all of my brothers here, as it is the collective wealth of knowledge and encouragement I've gotten from everyone that helped us along the way. I know it wasn't the top just yet but I wouldn't be giving credit where it's due if I didn't thank a couple of my best friends... Wayne, Jeff was right... you ARE the man! It was two years ago this weeks that I first met you and the Meatheads and you have taught me so much about BBQ and I thank you for that. And Bubba and Jeff... you are two great winners and I feel like you guys and Tammy and I have kind of grown up together in BBQ and your support and encouragement are appreciated more than you'll know.

OK, I'll shut up now! The pizza is here. :lol:

Jeff it was great to see you get the RGC call. It was definitley well deserved. Todd and Randy, you guys were rockin today! Randy take care of that foot.
Jeff and Bub and Robin, you all are the best and will always have a special place in my heart for you three! BTW thanks for the ribs and brisket. It was a decent contest. There were a majority of CBJ's under the tent today. Only 3 people that had never judged a bbq contest before and only a hand full of non certs that were experienced. It really was a fun time.

Oh hey Jeff Spurgeon? What was that Scruder girls name? Ida?:wink:

nice job Jeff!!! Must be the charcoal your using now:wink: Really great job Jeff, Todd & Randy along with Bubba and Jeff. Making the Brethren proud!

Conbratulations Jeff! I knew it was just a matter of time before you would get a RGC or GC. Like I always say. You can't keep a good man down for long.:biggrin:

Congrats Todd, Jeff, and everyone else, sounds like Blue Springs was a great contest.

Impressive job Jeff! Your contest Q is being recognized.

There was a small eruption of Brethren contingency when Jeff got his call. I was exciting to be a part of it. As they counted down the top three home town teams and got to number one, Jeff is looking at me in the crowd like, "YOU!" It is so cool that most BBQ people, but especially Brethren, want to see each other do well. ALL Brethren were congratulating Jeff, Randy, and I.

While on the phone with Andy afterwards, I read to him the top 20. He was like, "Holy Chit!" There's a lot of GCs and RGCs in that group. I want to acknowledge the results of a one of the best cooks, great Brethren, and a great guy who DIDN'T get a call today. SloppyQ was 20th today in a very strong field. There were cooks in the top 25 that make me nervous when I see them pull in. Lee's been retooling his comp Q this year and his team. He was a solo cook this weekend with help from his wife. He's arse was dragging when I saw him at awards. All of his finishes were very respectable in the crowd. He was in the top 1/3 or top 1/5 in all of his entries. Ribs were 18th and Chef's choice was 13th out of 77 teams! Lee, you improved greatly from Laurie & Warrensburg. Keep working at it, Brother!!! I hope you are proud of what you did today and the ground you gained. I'm proud of you, Brother!!! Glad to call you friend.

Back