Mofos / Flofos / Geofos / TxassFos-Dothan Al (FBA)

smokincracker

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
OK FO’s and all Brethern lets do this contest.
www.flbbq.org
Approx 800 miles for you guys
Approx 500 miles for us
Almost in the middle!

June 23-24, 2006 Smokin In The Wiregrass Tri-State Barbecue Festival & Concert Dothan, AL (FBA)
FBA just means no garnish and 1 hr between turn-ins otherwise same as KCBS

Too far for me at 39 miles :redface:
NOT!!!!

I will be there either judging or dishwashing and shining cabinets. :redface:

And, for the non-FBA teams--remember it is just like KCBS--6 servings required :lol: :lol:

This is a first year event. Organizer was a private individual and the project was passed off to City/County Council (s). Will just see how it turns out.

Jimmy--you can park here the night before if you want--1.5 acres--RV and trailer friendly.

TIM

just heard from the horses mouth, that payouts will be all the way down to 10th place, in each category:shock: wow lot of "walks " that day ..

Also, Gov's Proclamation, so more than 15 teams = Jack Qualifier.....

The_Kapn said:
NOT!!!!

I will be there, and I am hoping those will be my dishes and cabinets :grin:

Bobberqeer said:
just heard from the horse mouth, that payouts will be all the way down to 10th place, in each category:shock: wow lot of "walks " that day ..

Also, Gov's Proclamation, so more than 15 teams = Jack Qualifier.....

Here is the entry form with all the data:
http://www.flbbq.org/dothan.pdf

I forgot it is at the fairgrounds--south of town.
Still a major trip at 33 miles for me :lol: :lol:

TIM

If you have any questions, I can hook ya up with the guy who is putting it together..

Wow! $75 per category to enter! Is that common in FBA or just this contest? Wish I could join you but I'm going to have all my vacation time budgeted out this year.

Jeff_in_KC said:
Wow! $75 per category to enter! Is that common in FBA or just this contest? Wish I could join you but I'm going to have all my vacation time budgeted out this year.

It is $250 if you enter before 1 Jun.
Pretty typical FBA fees.

TIM

The_Kapn said:
It is $250 if you enter before 1 Jun.
Pretty typical FBA fees.

TIM

Man, no wonder you and Dave spend a ton of cash. So KCBS entries up here at around $125 per contest would be pretty cheap for you. Heck, you guys should become MoFos... you could get in twice as many contests a year for the same money! :lol:

Jeff_in_KC said:
Man, no wonder you and Dave spend a ton of cash. So KCBS entries up here at around $125 per contest would be pretty cheap for you. Heck, you guys should become MoFos... you could get in twice as many contests a year for the same money! :lol:

Actually most are $200, but there are some upwards of $300. Even KCBS events in the South are usually a minimum of $200, and most higher. Just received the Tryon, NC (KCBS) entry for a 25x40 spot its $400, 25x25 is $250.

And Tim, you didn't respond to my post, further up the line... I said I hope its my dishes and cabinets you plan on washing...

homebbq said:
And Tim, you didn't respond to my post, further up the line... I said I hope its my dishes and cabinets you plan on washing...

Just ignoring it for now :lol:
Don't want Jimmy to think we are ganging up on him :lol: not that there is anything wrong with that since he is a "Bonnaaffied Champeon" now.
I'll call or email tonight or tomorrow.

TIM

The_Kapn said:
Just ignoring it for now :lol:
Don't want Jimmy to think we are ganging up on him :lol: not that there is anything wrong with that since he is a "Bonnaaffied Champeon" now.
I'll call or email tonight or tomorrow.

TIM

You are full of it today Tim.

Damn, Jimmy, your are tempting me! If I had more than a week of vacation, I would seriously consider the trip, but I'm have to take single vacation days for our local competitions....I'd even try to drag old Spicebutts down there and try and get after you FBA boys....No garnish means more beer and Myer's time! LOL

Maybe next year!

NOT!!!!

And, for the non-FBA teams--remember it is just like KCBS--6 servings required :lol: :lol:

This is a first year event. Organizer was a private individual and the project was passed off to City/County Council (s). Will just see how it turns out.

Jimmy--you can park here the night before if you want--1.5 acres--RV and trailer friendly.

TIM

6 servings?......hmmmm

I plan on being there, it's about 25 miles for me.

I'd love to join you, but I am headed the other direction that weekend... Marshalltown, IA has a contest during that slot -- and it has a kids que, which my 5 yr old has mapped out for us to attend ;o) I'm like Jeff, I have to portion out my vacation to cover the contests, that would be an extra day on either end that would cost me at least one other contest.

Sounds like a good time - Drink a couple for this KanFo. Get some of that bounty!!! Payouts to 10th!

Florida Farmer said:
6 servings?......hmmmm

I plan on being there, it's about 25 miles for me.

Lest Tim's joking lead someone astray: :twisted:

FBA is EIGHT portions and NO garnish. :eek:

Hey Guys
Walt here, from Dothan and I am the one (not organizer) that got the Dothan contest started by talking to Mayor and others in town about having one. They are still getting advice from me (only because I am only person in town that has ever competed) about comp and I try to talk it up when ever I can. I have met Kevin(HomeBBQ) and know Bobberqeer(don't tell anyone) from another forum . This place seems to be good place to hang out and talk BBQ and have fun (All of which I like to do) .If anybody has questions about the Dothan contest ask away.

P. A. : Glad to see ya here!!! Go to Cattle Call and introduce yourself to the masses. Post often and welcome Brother!!

Spice

homebbq said:
I will be there, and I am hoping those will be my dishes and cabinets :grin:

Be careful Tim, you've seen the pictures. He's got alot to shine now.

What do you think about having the top ten overall called up to the stage just before the Grand and Reserve are named. I saw this on another forum and all but one that replied was for it. I mentioned it to the committee and they were receptive to it.
Walt

I like the idea--top 5 on smaller events of 25 teams or so.
Also would like to see some cash--even a little--to the top 5 or so teams.

TIM

Back