Dothan, AL FBA Comp (merged)

Man, I wish I coulda been there. If I could've gotten someone to switch oncall this weekend with me I would've offered. I could've at least helped wash dishes for ya while you took a short nap.

Congrats, Tim! You did a fine job on equipment you weren't used to using a contests and cooking by yourself! I've yet to cook totally by myself although due to kids' soccer cancellation, my wife showed up at one this year right before chicken turn-in. She saved my arse!

Team HoocheeQue had a great time. Congrats to Walt for a well run show.:mrgreen: Dealing with the heat and storms made it interesting - thank goodness the storms weren't during the busy times. Tim, we placed 32nd in chicken, just to make you feel a little better. My skin was a mixture between rubber and leather, but I thought it tasted good. We were mid-pack in ribs (24th) - overcooked and dry. Placed better in pork (12th) and brisket (11th) and 15th overall. I was okay with our results, but there's always something to fix, ain't there? See ya in Ft. Rucker guys.:-D

good job on your two walks Tim, sorry I didnt get around to talk to anyone I had my honey and our three kids also the neighbors kid. we pulled in late and I had alot of prep to do, and I had to come up with a new cooking schedule for the new smoker I brought.It worked out great the ribs, pork,and brisket was top's the chicken I cooked on my other smoker was ok to well glad you got to make the trip.

Mike
The Woodhouse grill

great job Tim your helper did a fine job for you and you thought you were alone. good job. from your friends in south dakota.

Back