I think I'll do a chuckie tomorrow...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I picked up a couple of nice chucks a while back, and I think I'll toss on on the WSM tomorrow.

When it comes to knowing when they are done, is it the same as brisket -- probe tender is done?

CD

YUP

Mine always temp out higher than brisket to get the feel right.
Can be stubborn critters for their size.

Great Eats

TIM

+1 on stubborn little bastages. Foil and some beef broth can help with this as usual if you want to speed it up a bit.

Yup, probe tender if you want pulled, and they are farking stubborn. I'm not normally a foiler, but my chuckies seem to dry out if I don't. I farked one up a while back, pulled it a little too soon - it was slicing temp, and I think I actually liked it better than pulled. It was farking awesome actually. Here's my post about it.

Heh, I just realized this was posted in the TD forum. I was wondering why there were only a few responses. :doh:

For chuckies I like to do a fork test for doneness, just insert the fork then twist 90* to see how easily the fibers separate.

Heh, I just realized this was posted in the TD forum. I was wondering why there were only a few responses. :doh:

I'm starting to see a pattern here, between this and him getting relationship colonel and relationship Mongo mixed up I wouldn't be surprised if he started making PB posts in the fantasy football thread. :caked:

I'm thinking posts of CD doing a couple nice Chuckies should be posted in the Woodpile.... and please put a warning if pics are included. I really don't want to see them. :tsk:

I love cooking some chuckies. Probe tender is the WTG. Then tortillas. And habanero sauce.

5218200611_df2d64be63.jpg

Thanks Al, I'm still out of brain bleach (the brand I buy is made by the same people that made Twinkies) but maybe I can borrow Gores grater when he's done. :mrgreen:

Back