Portobello sammice pr0n

fantomlord

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Who says you need meat to make a good meal on the kettle (other than me, usually :biggrin1:)

Made a quick garlic and rosemary balsamic vinaigrette, and let my portobello caps and red peppers get happy for around an hour or so.
Meanwhile, I whipped up a batch of beer bread on the OTS (ala Jeanie) with some of my oatmeal stout:

Once that came off, the peppers and shrooms went on indirect for 15 mins or so, then direct for a few minutes:

Then put the sammiches together with a cream cheese and sun dried tomato spread and some fresh chives:

Quick and easy, and really good! My 5 year old tasted it and begged for it to go in his lunch for school today :cool:
What can I say...the kid's got good taste :rolleyes:

Looks tasty, I've been thinking of trying something along those lines with the big portobellos, nice cook!

KC

Looks tasty, I've been thinking of trying something along those lines with the big portobellos, nice cook!

KC
--this came out great--the balsamic works really well with those, and the sun dried tomatoes are a good compliment. I wish I had some fresh basil to go on it too...that finishes it off nicely :thumb:

That's wassup!!! Looks killer Matty! Oatmeal stout? No taste, didn't happen!
...sounds like you're lobbying for a cold beer or 3. swing on by, and we'll crack a few open :cool:

You can make a pretty tasty burger with a portobello.

Nice sammich.

CD

Back