Leg Of Lamb Kettle Cook In Progress...may take a while...

Happy Birthday Guerry!

Here's my gift to you!

ALFTickofApproval.gif

Cheers!

Bill

WOW! What a spread, that is magical. A big happy birthday to ya too.

That nanna pudding really looks fantastic, would love to see that recipe.

KC

Looks great, Guerry and Redhot! Happy birthday, Guerry! Looks like it was a spectacular day!

Whew, that's much better. Felt a little weird for a minute there :wacko:. As I was going to say, that's only the second time I've made pudding from scratch and my first attempt at meringue. Turned out pretty darn good! :bow:

Happy Birthday, Guerry! Looks like quite a feast. The lamb looks sensational, and Redhot knocked it out of the park with the nanner puddin'. AND you got the Aussie Lamb seal of approval. :thumb:

Oh, and congrats on the mixer! You'll wonder how you ever got by without it. They're fantastic!

Happy late B-Day Cuz!! Great looking meal!!

I'm glad Redhot got you that stand mixer so she can make you desserts now. That puddin looks like something Mamaw would make!!!

Puddin inna bowl with vanilla ice cream.

puddin_zps0b661b91.jpg

now ..........that picture was just mean...............
said he sitting here eatin' his store bought cookies.

For future reference, I assume you added the ice cream just to cut the sweetness of the pudding ? :becky:

awesome cook! looks like it was a happy birthday.

That is a Farking OUTSTANDING Meal Lamb looks perfect Michelle that Nanner Pudding looked like you have ben making it all of your life How long did the lamb take That was a wonderful way to celebrate your B Day

Thanks everybody! Redhot's going to look for and post the recipe and link she found for the puddin. She sifted through a bunch before deciding on one, as the last time she had made pudding from scratch was a few years ago. Banana pudding is basically a vanilla pudding though, but you've got to have ripe bananas so buy them several days in advance if they're shiny yellow. The ones I got Thursday had just started browning just a tad on the skins so they'd be ready by Saturday. Use the good Nilla brand wafers too, or your favorite if you have a good local brand. Makes a difference. The pudding takes a while to make on the stove top, and it seemed like she had to watch and stir it with the whisk just almost constantly. Kinda like risotto in a way: it's right when it's right. Watching Michele make the meringue was fun though. All in all, I think she put more effort in that one dessert than I did for the rest of the entire meal. It was gooooooooooooood. It will be even better today.

Back