You've got to try this - not Que

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The other night we made a cream/blue cheese and crab stuffing and had some leftover. (Recipe here )
So, naturally we decided to make some more roasted and stuffed jalapeno eggrolls. We bought some fairly good size peppers, cut off the cap and cored them, roasted in a 375 oven for 12 minutes so still a little firm then stuffed with the softened cheese mix. These were chilled for a couple hours prior to making the eggrolls so the cheese would firm up again.
We spread about a half teaspoon of Texas Pepper Jelly's Pineapple Habanero on the wrapper then rolled the eggroll like so:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The pics were from the last time.

The dipping sauce was made from the same jelly mixed with Texas Pepper Jelly's Apple/Cherry Habanero finishing sauce (now called Rib Candy on their site). A couple tablespoons of jelly and enough finishing sauce to make your prefered consistancy.

These were simply wonderful - the tartness of the blue cheese mixed with the crunchy wrapper and sweet dipping sauce blended very well indeed.
Here's the finished pic from tonite's cook. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• eggroll.jpg
    eggroll.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 474
I like that idea! What if you took some smoked ABT's and gave them the same treatment!

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1361508 said:
Very creative, looks really good too! :thumb:
The first ones were Redhot's idea. I just altered the cheese stuffing this time.

Those look vary tasty guerry!:clap2:

Ross
Thanks Ross! They were indeed tasty. A surprisingly good mix of flavors.

I would hit those. Right up until I got sick.

That there is some good looking grub! Combines 3 of my favorit things, how can it possibly taste bad!? I'll take that plate, you'll have to make more for yourselves. :heh:

Back