? about blue bottles on pitmasters

trekmstr

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
i have seen blue bottels on pitmasters and someone called it butter. i was at the grocery store this morning and saw the blue bottles of parkay sqweez butter (veg oil) . what are they being used for? basting sauce? injection?:?:

Lots of teams use it for basting ribs, some use it as part of their pork baste, some might even use it to cook chicken in a half pan as a substitute for butter.

I use it on bisquets for breakfast

I use it to help clog my arteries and increase my cholesterol.

I clean my pit with it! :biggrin:

No, wait a minute... That's Greased Lightning. :roll:
I always get those two confused. :oops:

the very first BBQ series on TLC in 2005 or 2006 outed Johnny and his blue bottles. Unitl then it was only known by those that payed attention at contests and watched Johnny or Mike Davis in the morning hours. Of course you missed a lot of what they did in their motorhomes.

Then Mike and Debbie did a class and the rest is history. There's lots of posts over the years and if you do enough searching on different boards you'll get some pointers.

I personally use about 6 bottles at a contest. And I also use ICBINB spray in my big spray bottle for basting while cooking. Spray is more liquid that squeeze.

i have seen blue bottels on pitmasters and someone called it butter. i was at the grocery store this morning and saw the blue bottles of parkay sqweez butter (veg oil) . what are they being used for? basting sauce? injection?:?:

Maybe it's so the chicken doesn't stick to the cupcake pans.:biggrin:

the very first BBQ series on TLC in 2005 or 2006 outed Johnny and his blue bottles. Unitl then it was only known by those that payed attention at contests and watched Johnny or Mike Davis in the morning hours. Of course you missed a lot of what they did in their motorhomes.

Then Mike and Debbie did a class and the rest is history. There's lots of posts over the years and if you do enough searching on different boards you'll get some pointers.

I personally use about 6 bottles at a contest. And I also use ICBINB spray in my big spray bottle for basting while cooking. Spray is more liquid that squeeze.

You use SIX bottles? Holy crap!!

That's six more than I use. I'm not a fan of the margarine technique. Tastes like plastic to me.

That's six more than I use. I'm not a fan of the margarine technique. Tastes like plastic to me.

I agree!

Unfortunately Ford has all the judges trained in Mi. to like it that way! :twisted:

Supposedly, it's only one or two production steps from being plastic. I don't remember where, but I did read that somwhere.

It's always nice to have margarine on your chicken muffins...

If winning chicken uses Parkay? What does 13th Place Chicken use?

I have known about this technique for a while now and never tried it, until today...getting ready to put it on as I type..I will report back. Trust me my chicken can use some help..

Sal

I make my own butter for competitions using the fat from chicken.

I've got the parkay thing figured out, but along those same lines what the heck was the white powder(looked almost like powdered sugar) that they showed being sprinkled on the underside of ribs that looked like they were about done?

I've got the parkay thing figured out, but along those same lines what the heck was the white powder(looked almost like powdered sugar) that they showed being sprinkled on the underside of ribs that looked like they were about done?

we use crushed up sweet tarts to give our ribs some zing

They were trying to make their BBQ sweet. They said the judges were different then they were in Cali. They like it sweet here.

Back