Best Brisket Rub

Thanks guys really interesting as I’m going to do my first ever brisket in a couple of weeks. Will give the SPOG a go first though

Cash cow with Holy cow.

Just add beef from Mad Hunky was really good on Beef ribs, sure it work on brisket.

+1 on Black Ops, I cooked my best flavored brisket with it, but I doubt that you could go wrong with any of the suggestions here. The main thing is to cook it to probe tender and rest it for a while.

BPS Cash Cow and Double Secret Steak Rub.

It’s all about personal preference and tastes vary, however, Montreal with salt and pepper happens to be my favorite.

Thanks everyone for all the great input. I am definitely going to try the Black ops as well as some of the others on here. I appreciate all of you.

I start with a base of 50/50 kosher salt and black pepper by weight.

I do prefer to add some granulated garlic, dry mustard, and cayenne to the rub as well though. Don't really measure those additions, just eyeball it for what feels right.

50/50 S&P&R by WEIGHT ONLY!!!!.......though 18% of each 50% is actually by volume just to spite my scale and teach it a lesson....and 7% of that 18% volume isn't really measured accurately due to lack of concentration from measuring while watching Mickey Mouse Club House (it's legit).

All seriousness aside this is my current favorite........this or cimm docs sweet
eaPUw8yl.jpg

C7ekZbUl.jpg

I know this causes the "50-50 by weight" guys nightmares but Aaron Franklin says you are close enough using Morton Kosher Salt and 16 mesh black pepper in equal amounts by volume.

Any other combination ...better measure by weight.

For all of the Franklin haters, just do what you you always do. Pretty sure it works fine.

Black Ops is my go-to rub.

If I don't use that then I'll roll with salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne, coffee and other stuff blended in.

Black Ops is good, SPOG is good, like it better on ribs--i like them with some bite, but on brisket I throw another vote in there for Smokin Guns. It has a bit more bite than Black Ops.

I ran out of the brisket blend before and used grand champion and it was really good. All my pork use to get grand champion. Love that stuff.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:... Grand Champ rocks for sure.

Back