Kingsford On Big Sale!

thunter

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Well, I absolutely vowed not to use Kingsford again. I even wrote a brief artical about it on my website, but...... I saw it for 3.98 per 18 lb. bag at Lowes and I have modified my resolution not to use it anymore! :oops: :lol: Hey, I got three kids in college, how could I pass on a deal like that? :lol:

Maybe we need to start a petition to bring back the old Kingsford!! The new stuff SUCKS!!! I'm thinking about trying Royal Oak.

The royal oak didn't get hot enough for me until I mixed it with the new kingsford. Perhaps a mix is the answer...

Just E-Mailed Kingsford and told them how dissatisfied I am with their product. They said that they would forward my comments to the home office.

i like royal oak, use it all the time 9.99 20# bag around here

Just about got fooled at "China" today. 2 bags of K for $8.97. Picked em up and they didn't feel right. 15# bags. Farkers.

yea, I picked up a couple of those packs from WallyWorld the other day. I'm going to stop by Sam's tomorrow and see if they have any of the bigger bags. Around here about the onlly Royal Oak I can find is the lump coal. I use it all the time mixed with my K. Now I'm working on getting my new WSM going the right direction and guess I'll be stuck with the new K for that. I don't know of any other stuff that works as well.

JohnMcD

Why don't you like the RO Lump? I've been using it almost exclusively for several months now and really like it. Its great for long cooks due to the low ash production. When I was using K, I had to constantly clean out ashes during the latter stages of a brisket marathon.

bbqjoe said:
"China" Kevin?

An old reference to wally world. The chit they sell is almost always from "China"

Arlin_MacRae said:
Cow chips are free - save even more! :biggrin:

Too farking funny to moderate. LMAO but guess what? - I gotta go look tomorrow. Bet it's a local thing.

I just bought 10 packages at Home Depot. The twin 21 pound bags for $7.97.

Kevin said:
An old reference to wally world. The chit they sell is almost always from "China"
I remember many years ago(Back when they said if there was more than 3 people in line......)
That they vowed to by only products made in the USA!

Bigmista said:
The royal oak didn't get hot enough for me until I mixed it with the new kingsford. Perhaps a mix is the answer...

Have you used lump it the new smoker?

LostNation said:
I just bought 10 packages at Home Depot. The twin 21 pound bags for $7.97.

GREAT SCORE RICH. CHINA BEAT ME UP ALSO, ALTHOUGH I PAID $7.30 FOR THE 15LB TWINS BUT I GOT 2 PALLETS. WIFE AND MOTHER IN-LAW WENT TO GET IT FROM A TIP FROM SISTER IN-LAW 6 WEEKS OR SO AGO AND I GOT FARKED.

I think they should take a lesson from Coke and reintroduce the old product.

Kingsford Classic.

parrothead said:
I think they should take a lesson from Coke and reintroduce the old product.

Kingsford Classic.

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD WITH THAT BROTHER. THE NEW STUFF SUCKS ASH AND I HAVE 2 PALLETS.

Back