Chicken and Rib Box

GridironGriller

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So this weekend we didn't do too well. Which happens, so we aren't going to get too upset about it.

I was hoping to get some opinions on our boxes/presentation. The scores were OK, but we would obviously like them to be better.

Thanks for the comment and any and all help is certainly appreciated!!

Click to see full size.

I think they are a little plain, but I also think that they are above average. I would give each a 7. I think you could have added a little parsley to each to make the scores a bit higher.

Chicken color not uniform. Dark spots
Sauce on the lettuce for the ribs.

I am guessing though. Never judged until just then.
So ya -----------Looks Great

Thanks guys! I look forward to hearing all this information!!

We did clean the lettuce off before turn-in...noticed it just before we closed the box.

I'd give the chicken an 8. Are the 2 pieces in the middle partially resting on the 2 pieces above them? To me the thighs at bottom are too hidden by the garnish.

I'd give the ribs a 7. The one in the upper right corner looks dry - but that might just be the picture. I'd put the one rib that's off kilter back in place. Also you might try elevating the ribs in the middle so that the tops of those are even with the sides of the ones on their side. I'd also try to get the bottom left rib to lay down flat.

Chicken isn't uniform in size or color. I think some more lettuce underneath or parsley to fill in the middle would help. I'd probably go with a 7, maybe 8 (photos don't look quite the same as in person).

Ribs have good color, but turning the 2 bones shows meat that looks dry in the photo. I'd either sauce it, spray it with sugar water or water/apple juice. The ribs in the middle aren't all lined up. I think I'd give it a 7, maybe 8 if it doesn't look as dry in person.

Ribs - 7 most likely. I would like to see them look more even, looks like the last couple were bumped out of line. I have also never really understood the whole turn the rib on their side move. I don't look for a smoke ring on ribs and it will usually serve to dry out the meat quickly.

Chicken - 7. As Curt said, different sizes and colors. I would also either fill up with more greens or loose them all together, it looks like they were done only about 70% in this box.

chicken
you can see the bottom of the box in the center

ribs
lettus has bbq sauce at bottem right

everything elce has been said

york

I think you could have added a little parsley to each to make the scores a bit higher.

{hands covering eyes} NANANANANA!!! I'm not reading or listening!!! I didn't read that!!! :p

I think some work on the appearance would get you where you want to be. The main thing I saw was sauce on the garnish in the rib box and the upturned ribs looked a bit dry. Still looks yummy.

Back