Why did I do it

smokinit

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Well maybe it was because this little guy way all alone in the corner of the garage sale unused and un loved or maybe its because i will have some time to do some venison and elk jerky and sausage this year and this would be great for it or just maybe it was because I got the farking thing for $75 :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:who the fark could pass that up!!!! So will this thing do some acceptable Q?
IMG_20111013_162337.jpg

IMG_20111013_162919.jpg

IMG_20111013_162938.jpg

Really nice score......and yes, it will make great Q.......

Remember.....it's not the wand.....it's the magician.......

I don't know about BBQ on it (not in a negative way - I mean I really have no knowledge), but I've been looking for a score just like that for smoking sausages, hams, etc. Nice work and congrats! :clap2:

Outstanding deal, great find, neat buy. Anyway ya done good. Last I checked those ran about $290.00 for the 30 inch.

I would almost feel guilty if I was you.......not really.

There are a few guys smoking on those. Search for Masterbuilt or MES and you'll find some info.

There are lots of videos on youtube about that cooker in specific. I think you will be more than happy with any que that comes from that cooker!

After watching those videos I do believe they are extreemely efficient, and with the right amount of wood chips, you will have some of the best flavored que you ever had.

On second thought, I heard they are really dangerous and should never ever be used in NY, PA, CT, RI, or any of the surrounding states. It should be shipped directly to Zephyrhills, FL and disposed of properly. PM me for addy.......:pound:

I started on the Masterbuilt 30" and it was super easy to use and was great to start out on. While you won't get the deep smoke ring and flavor of other smokers it still worked well. I've heard they are great for jerky. Now you kind of make me wish I still had mine....

I have the MES 40":

P1010779.jpg

Everything I've done on it came out great - ribs, prime rib roast, chicken, pork shoulder etc. Leave the ash drawer open 1/4 inch or so to produce more smoke.

Unfortunately, I haven't fired her up since I bought the WSM 22.5.....:becky:

I have two of the 30" non window models which I also started on. One works and one's for parts. They make a mean Turkey. Might want to try it next month. Great score!!!!

I would have done it, too. It should be good for the stuff you mentioned.

CD

Nice score....
Where can i get one for that?
You can produce good quality bbq on that with a little practice.
I have smoked chickens,turkeys, briskets, ribs,jerky on the one i have.
If you want to smoke cheese, get the temp up 225 to produce smoke and then lower the temp to 145 and put the cheese in.
I need to get it out and use it some this winter.
I have used pellets, wood chips, charcoal in the tray without incident.
You mileage may vary.
I don't think you can over smoke anything in it.
jon

I have one of the original ones and use it quite a bit, you sure can pack a bunch of stuff in there! Nice Score.

good score man!!!!!!!
that will work great for snack sticks :clap2:

We have a bradley digital smoker that we use as a back-up here at the restaurant. works pretty well for everything we've done in it, from shoulders (had to split them into 2 pieces) to brisket to turkey to chicken to ham. Oh yeah, and we paid over $300 for ours... you got a STEAL! :-D

Looks like this thing retails for almost $400 so not a bad deal.Should have time to season it today and play with it tomorrow. Pics to follow.

Well she is up and running. It doesn't put out a whole lot off smoke any suggestions to get more smoke out of her.

Truth is, most of us would have pulled out the $75... no problem, whether we admit it, or no.

I think you got a great deal.

Back