"Return of the McRib" BBQ Brethren Throwdown

Ok, here is my entry. Behold the McSpam:

IMG_30801.jpg

Full story here. :loco:

Wait a minute, are people really getting sick eating these McRib sandwiches? Cause my stomach is still not right.

I feel better now, but I did feel weird earlier. Could have been the Halloween candy too.

Haven't poisoned myself yet but the week is young and Amber was eyeing them today.

I picked up my McRibs today for the Great McRib Repurposing Throwdown. The conversation went something like this:

Me: I'd like to order three McRibs, Please.

McClerk: Three? You must be hungry.

Me: Well, not really. Can I get those without sauce, please.

McClerk: Without sauce? Ummm, sure.

Me: Thanks, can I just get the patties?

McClerk: No.

Me: Okay, just no sauce then.

McClerk: Are you going to eat them that way?

Me: No, I'm actually going to take them home and try to turn them into a gourmet meal to show off to my internet friends.

McClerk: Okay! (The look on her face said she thought I was nuts)

The naked McRibs are home and the experimenting will begin. McFrankenrib?

This is so McSick! I ate one ONCE!
However, Burger King came out with a rib product that was actually a rib, actually was smoked/cooked and was continually sold out. Dang they were good,,,, and expensive too.
So what is Micky Dees up to? re-releasing dogfood with nasty sauce on a bun,, just my 2 cents worth. :)

I debated whether or not to enter this one. I am entering it under the following prerequisite for entries...

"Inspired by the McRib"

Basically, I am taking the concept of the McRib as a fast food BBQ rib meal and presenting an alternative and infinitely tastier fast rib meal.

So I present...
Fast and Easy Ribs with Fries
CountryRibs08.jpg

Details can be found here...
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94930

Extra yum! Chris, how does the scoring work with this? Do you add up all the votes or take the average?

Extra yum! Chris, how does the scoring work with this? Do you add up all the votes or take the average?
Highest scoring individual dish wins. So the person who wins is the one with the dish that got the most points.

Highest scoring individual dish wins. So the person who wins is the one with the dish that got the most points.
That's what I assumed and why so many people were able to get a zero in the first year so easily. They were competing with themselves due to multiple entries.

I present to you...The Stuffed Crown McRib

Wow, this actually tasted like food! It was quite yummy. :clap2: I will have to post the cook thread tonight...shouldn't really be posting this at work but saw that someone (won't mention names here) already used one of my ideas (McRibs in a blanket). So although I really did not feel like trying to put this together last night, I figured I better just in case someone else was thinking about it. :wink:

I tied 3 of the McRib patties around a bowl using cooking string. Then placed on foil, removed the bowl and put the stuffing in it - I was surprised but it actually kept it from caving in. I made a bread stuffing using celery, onions, fresh sage, parsley and dried cranberries - chicken broth for the liquid. Olive oil with cracked black pepper, salt, garlic and poultry season was brushed on the meat then off to the kettle. I used hickory chunks. When the mushrooms were done, I drizzled the juices left on the foil over it.
Chris, I'm posting 3 pix because I just can't decide which one I like best. Please choose your favorite for the TD entry. :thumb:

Attachments

• 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 222
  • 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 366
  • 070.JPG
    070.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 436
I present to you...The Stuffed Crown McRib

I feel sooo inadequate with my meager AMcRTs after this. How elegant! :becky: What a creative idea, Redhot!

I feel sooo inadequate with my meager AMcRTs after this. How elegant! :becky: What a creative idea, Redhot!

Why thank you Ron L! It wasn't easy to figure out how to make those bad boys come together like that, fortunately they are pretty pliable but it still took quite a bit of effort.:becky:

Back