THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
I usually go all out with my breakfast fatties, stuffing, slapping bacon around the whole thing. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152177

but this time I went the neekid route. I'm blaming it on the inspiration of Brethren gtr. lol

I used the BPS drum... just dropped it in and walked away. (that was the hardest part) I didn't do anything with the sausage, just left it neekid.

c1e06c04-de25-487f-9be8-e9ba76a0b833_zpsf3b3c01b.jpg

702123e6-cd3c-4bc9-8ced-bdc33effa55c_zpse8552fce.jpg

made a batch of corncakes...

338ed043-3fb1-4e10-ab88-fc3a08626653_zps67ab48d4.jpg

00d3f896-09bf-422c-a3a9-b5ff747339a6_zps45a5048f.jpg

3e7fe41b-5c61-40ee-9412-effda0696e1b_zps2a539c66.jpg

9bf93fb6-93dd-454b-a5ef-5514e2fccaf9_zps6398af8f.jpg

It was tasty!! I will be making more neekid fatties in the future. So much easier and faster than stuffing and wrapping. Thanks Greg and the rest of the neekid fatty fans. :thumb:

Thanks for looking!

I'm tellin' ya - sometimes it pays to be lazy! :clap2:

Great plate and I can see you know how to scramble eggs right. :thumb:

Those corncakes look crazy good! :hungry:

And - mad props to RonL for bringing this serious matter to our attention in the first place! :clap2:

The whole thing looks great Jeanie! I love corn cakes, always make them at X-mas. I STILL have yet to smoke a fatty. Maybe this weekend. We'll see. I think a trip to Costco is in order...

Looking good Jeanie!!! I generally smoke fatties plain, or with just a little bit of my rub. Lots easier and a lot less of a mess, IMO. The hickory is all the flavor I need really. Cheers!!!

Thanks everybody! I'll make these again for sure. :grin:

Thank you IT, John, Jo and Bob!!

I'm tellin' ya - sometimes it pays to be lazy! :clap2:

Great plate and I can see you know how to scramble eggs right. :thumb:

Those corncakes look crazy good! :hungry:

And - mad props to RonL for bringing this serious matter to our attention in the first place! :clap2:

lol Greg... I hadn't thought of it that way. I can do lazy. :mrgreen:
Thanks again for the inspiration!

Finally a Cowgirl cook that I think I can achieve. Well, maybe except for the corn cake. :becky:

lol Thanks Jim.. I've seen your cooks and know better. You're awesome!

The whole thing looks great Jeanie! I love corn cakes, always make them at X-mas. I STILL have yet to smoke a fatty. Maybe this weekend. We'll see. I think a trip to Costco is in order...

Thanks Rockinshelby! Glad to hear you are a corn cake lover too!! I make them when camping, the campfire smoke adds a great touch to them too. Thanks again! :becky:

Long live the... Well you know the rest.

Good looking plate you have there.

lol LM Thanks!! :mrgreen:

Looking good Jeanie!!! I generally smoke fatties plain, or with just a little bit of my rub. Lots easier and a lot less of a mess, IMO. The hickory is all the flavor I need really. Cheers!!!

Hamilton, thanks! I'll try a little rub and some hickory on the next one. :thumb:

Matt, thank you!!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Great looking breakfast! I will occasionally stuff the fatty, but most of the time I like the quick and simple nekkid fatty (i might throw some rub on it from time to time) Leftovers go into a tupperware, and in the morning get a slice or two and crisp it up in a pan and put it on some toast w/ cheese and I eat on the way to work. :D

Thanks Phu! :becky:

Great looking breakfast! I will occasionally stuff the fatty, but most of the time I like the quick and simple nekkid fatty (i might throw some rub on it from time to time) Leftovers go into a tupperware, and in the morning get a slice or two and crisp it up in a pan and put it on some toast w/ cheese and I eat on the way to work. :D

Thanks aawa! Love the sound of a fatty toast, cheese breakfast sandwich, I'll give that a try too! Thank you! :thumb:

mother of god the other one in the link is killer, i have showed a few friends, im so doing that at the next comp for breakfast.

edit:this one looks just as good :D

mother of god the other one in the link is killer, i have showed a few friends, im so doing that at the next comp for breakfast.

edit:this one looks just as good :D

Andrew thanks! I love the stuffed ones. They take time to put together but are totally worth it.
If smoking the bacon wrapped ones alone, I bump the heat up to 300 or 325F and just cook until the IT is 165F. I like crisp bacon so I bump the heat up even more at the end if needed to crisp it. Good luck to you and take pics if you get the chance!

Thanks Ron!! :becky:

Andrew thanks! I love the stuffed ones. They take time to put together but are totally worth it.
If smoking the bacon wrapped ones alone, I bump the heat up to 300 or 325F and just cook until the IT is 165F. I like crisp bacon so I bump the heat up even more at the end if needed to crisp it. Good luck to you and take pics if you get the chance!

Thanks Ron!! :becky:

i love food prep, its soothing for some reason lol. i will have to do mine a little different since i dont have a piston, well i do but its for a motor :icon_smile_tongue:. it probably wont turn out as pretty but i bet it does the job :D

its the bacon wrapping that might be rough, never woven bacon, oh snaps, peppered bacon would top that off for my style.

Back