Help with Beans for Texas Comps.

FatDaddy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Allright fellas/ ladies,

Since I started competing about a year or so ago. We have done beans at 3-4 Comps and have not even come close to placing. My wifes pinto beans are outstanding. They are a Charro bean style. With, pork salt, tomato, onion, peppers ect. in them. They are awesome, everyone on the team loves em. We just cant place with them. Could it be the cilantro that is keeping us from getting a call? We love cilantro, evidently from what I've heard alot of folks don't. I have tasted a few bean turn ins that have placed. and needless to say they taste like ranch style beans or just plain ol pintos.We seperate out all the vegatables and such before turn in, so I know they are getting DQ'ed..
Any Advice?

I would leave out the cilantro. People either love it or hate it. From what I've heard, the plain ole pintos are what usually win. That's why we stopped doing beans. Now more time to socialize and deal with the meats.

That is what I am leaning towards. We are makin a batch right now to go with the brisket. She only added 2 TBS of seasoning to the pot. I tossed in another 2 TBS, I think there needs to be alittle more seasoning to em to get em to stand out. I think once they get close to being done and the cilantro going in, Im gonna split some off into another pot and leave out the cilantro and have some friends taste test em and see which they like better.

Back