THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only 9 Days til the Bash!
This weekend would be a great time to get that cooler out along with a few camp chairs and a camp table would be great! :mrgreen:

Went to fire up the Honda rider to pull my Shirley from the pool deck to the garage and had a dead battery! Got the new one installed and just finished pulling it around. Now I'm going to check the tires and load up on sticks.

Just 8 more sleeps til the Bash!! :mrgreen:

That’s funny as heck[emoji23]
C'mon down to Texas. I'll even let you have my shot of malort. And then we'll have the posse treat you to some real humor...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Looks like we are gonna have a good bunch at the Bash, 25 or so.
Let us know what you are gonna bring!
Whether it's a side dish, paper products and or stuff to cook! :mrgreen:

Looks like we are gonna have a good bunch at the Bash, 25 or so.
Let us know what you are gonna bring!
Whether it's a side dish, paper products and or stuff to cook! :mrgreen:
I'm bringing lots of attitude for anyone that brings up college football.

I'm bringing lots of attitude for anyone that brings up college football.

Well I guess we will not come then, since we won't be able to yell Sic Em Dawgs and bark.

Seriously with the uncertainty of the timing, path and severity of Hurricane Ian in our area and along our travel path going and coming it looks like y'all will have to carry on without us. We have made the 800+ mile trip a couple of times not long after hurricanes and it can be sketchy at best. Hoping this one turns out to be a dud but it's not looking like it!

Well I guess we will not come then, since we won't be able to yell Sic Em Dawgs and bark.

Seriously with the uncertainty of the timing, path and severity of Hurricane Ian in our area and along our travel path going and coming it looks like y'all will have to carry on without us. We have made the 800+ mile trip a couple of times not long after hurricanes and it can be sketchy at best. Hoping this one turns out to be a dud but it's not looking like it!
Gotta be safe. We're doing these for the foreseeable future.

Alright, Alright, Alright!
It's the day before the 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash!!
Hosted by the one and only one, pjtexas!

So by now you should have your cooler cleaned and loaded with your beverages, possibly a side dish or two, and what ever you are cooking. Dusted off those camp chairs so you have a spot to sit for a spell. Maybe a table to spread stuff out on for grazing. Don't forget the jokes you are gonna tell Paul to impress him!

We have a few store bought things to get this afternoon once Shelly is done making money for our retirement fund. All the big stuff is loaded in the pickup. Then we will get the small stuff done.

We plan and heading out at 5:00am and hope to roll in around 8:00am.
Safe travels to all and we will see ya in the morning!!

Hotch and Shelly :mrgreen:

Will we be able to pull the smokers in next to the pavilion or are we going to have to keep them out in the parking lot 700 yards from the pavilion ?

Last I heard someone drove over the septic system and caused big damage. So no more vehicles allowed beyond the fence. So we will be in the parking area.
Paul may have more info.

This thing still happening ? Can anyone go ? What if they don’t bring food ? Are store bought pies allowed ?

Back