THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mod.gif
5 DAYS and 23 Hours till the 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash
mod.gif

FYI:
The gate opens at 6:00 am.
Park entrance fee is $7.00 per person. (Recommend cash for the envelope as attendant is not on site until later in the morning.)
It is Spring Break and may be a bit busy.
I'll try to be at the gate around 6:00 am and park to capture as many parking spots as I can where we setup the cookers.
Any and all early birds are welcome to join me if you like!! :mrgreen:

We're going to drive up Friday, do a little wandering, grab dinner, then into the room. We'll probably get up, get ready, and head over around 10 Saturday.

Bought a couple foldable chairs for as as we didn't have any. Anything else we should bring? Water and refreshments? I also got some Kiolbassa sausages and bacon. We can smoke some up.

Is anyone going to have a grill available for the the Kalbi ribs? Wife marinated them up this morning and then we bagged and froze them.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 59
FYI:
The gate opens at 6:00 am.
Park entrance fee is $7.00 per person. (Recommend cash for the envelope as attendant is not on site until later in the morning.)
It is Spring Break and may be a bit busy.
I'll try to be at the gate around 6:00 am and park to capture as many parking spots as I can where we setup the cookers.
Any and all early birds are welcome to join me if you like!! :mrgreen:

I am planning on being there at ~0600 with you like normal, Hotch.

We're going to drive up Friday, do a little wandering, grab dinner, then into the room. We'll probably get up, get ready, and head over around 10 Saturday.

Bought a couple foldable chairs for as as we didn't have any. Anything else we should bring? Water and refreshments? I also got some Kiolbassa sausages and bacon. We can smoke some up.

Is anyone going to have a grill available for the the Kalbi ribs? Wife marinated them up this morning and then we bagged and froze them.

I do not own a char-grill but there is a park grill at the pavilion. I'll have some Stubb's briquettes there to cook the DO breakfast with on the park grill or I'll leave some lump after the Shirley warm-up! Either way bring it and we will cook it!!!

I would bring a cooler with what beverages you enjoy. Adult or otherwise. Adult would need to be in camo or stealth, if you know what I'm say'n!
Pets do need to be on a lash at all times also. State Park rules on that one.
:mrgreen:

Hey guys. I haven't been on here really lately. I've been on mandatory overtime at work for the last 3 months. 6-7 days a week 9-12 hour days. I'm hoping I can swing by the bash for a bit, but I'll be honest, it's not looking likely. I really could use some relaxation time and some BBQ (I've cooked twice since Christmas) but right now it's all work. Will let you know if I can make it. Sorry.

Hey guys. I haven't been on here really lately. I've been on mandatory overtime at work for the last 3 months. 6-7 days a week 9-12 hour days. I'm hoping I can swing by the bash for a bit, but I'll be honest, it's not looking likely. I really could use some relaxation time and some BBQ (I've cooked twice since Christmas) but right now it's all work. Will let you know if I can make it. Sorry.
Who dis?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Do you need a note or 5lbs of BBQ for your Boss? :mrgreen:

Terry, you can stay home if you want. Just make sure your wife shows up with those Kalbi ribs! Wow!

I'll be loading up the WSCG and bringing it with us. I'll need help with the unloading / loading it. Last time I took it somewhere, really hurt my back taking it down from the back of my truck. I know there will be a bunch of us there, so we should be alright.

Really looking forward to meeting y'all. And the wife sounds like she is excited too... :)

Back