THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Czarbecue

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Viet King Cong
I'm showing the thread that showed up on the search was 5 years old... so here's my current wood pile:

I've got Apple/Pear on the top left, cherry and peach Western bags on the top right, cherry chunks and pecan/hickory bags from Western on the second shelf, oak chunks, then pecan chunks. And I'm down to a bag and a half of KBBs...

ebf0ee42b1a00b9320d83da59ec7fdff.jpg

Last edited:
That's a wood shelf. This is a Woodpile. Oak, Hickory, and Cherry.

3wiSs87g.jpg

Hey man, this is not a wood pile measuring contest lol. And I got small piles on each shelf! I'm building a rack at the side of the house but currently have no use for logs yet.

Here's my wood pile getting delivered in the driveway. Wood rack is couple hours of wheelbarrow trips finally stowed.

Wife willing, I hope to get a second rack so I can hold a full cord at home. The current one is rated at a 1/2 cord + (manufacturer writes + symbol)

Oak?

My son and I cut and split this last winter.

People building a house behind my place gave me most of the wood they cleared so they wouldn't have to pay to get rid of it.

Measured up at 5-1/2 cords. About half is ash, wild cherry and maple that I can use in the smoker, rest is walnut and hackberry and such for the fireplace.

Attachments

My son and I cut and split this last winter.

People building a house behind my place gave me most of the wood they cleared so they wouldn't have to pay to get rid of it.

Measured up at 5-1/2 cords. About half is ash, wild cherry and maple that I can use in the smoker, rest is walnut and hackberry and such for the fireplace.

Now that's what I'm talking about. It's a wood pile that would make Chuck Norris proud. When a full size pickup is dwarfed by 5.5 cords, you know you'll be smoking well past the arrival of the 4th Horseman!!

Here's my wood pile getting delivered in the driveway. Wood rack is couple hours of wheelbarrow trips finally stowed.
THAT LOOKS very neat. Hope it holds out for a long time for you.
As a young kid, we sawed, chopped, split, burnt a whole bunch of wood,
sadly, not for smoking, but for heat.. we had a bunch of big wild cherry trees, too.
If I had only known, and we had a cow, and abundant heavy butterfat milk, we NEVER made cheese. Had egg laying chickens, never ate a souffle as a kid.
Grew Okra for some reason, never made Gumbo.

Stupid Parents without the benefit of the Internet.

THAT LOOKS very neat. Hope it holds out for a long time for you.
As a young kid, we sawed, chopped, split, burnt a whole bunch of wood,
sadly, not for smoking, but for heat.. we had a bunch of big wild cherry trees, too.
If I had only known, and we had a cow, and abundant heavy butterfat milk, we NEVER made cheese. Had egg laying chickens, never ate a souffle as a kid.
Grew Okra for some reason, never made Gumbo.

Stupid Parents without the benefit of the Internet.

Hard to believe but it's about 3/4 consumed!! Went through it from first week of May till now. I've got to re up soon. Your folks did the best they could and if you have kiddos, you could train them to be Super Pitmasters

All that to feed your Shirley? Damn. I need to start gathering wood like I know what I'm doing.

I is different kinds , I use oak to start my pit up and go back to oak if I wrap , then I smoke with pecan , hickory and cherry and the wood on the slab of concrete is wood that is seasoning for next year . it seems like a lot of wood but I have wood that is ready to use and does not smolder .

Back