THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tortaboy

is Blowin Smoke!
I love chicken, but need variety to keep me interested in eating it.

Have any great Chicken Marinades you'd care to share? It would be cool if we could get a large collection all in one place.

I'll start with one of my favorites:
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 teaspoons dried herbs, like thyme, oregano, rosemary, or crumbled bay leaf
2 tablespoons mustard
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

This one isn't fancy, but it's good.
Chicken Marinade:
16 oz Bottle of Italian Dressing
8 oz Soy Sauce
4 oz Balsamic Vinegar
Cayenne Pepper - quite alot
Garlic Salt - 1 Tbsp

I usually just use Italian dressing, but today I didn't have any (And didn't feel like going to the store) so I'm trying ceasar salad dressing.

2 cups Buttermilk 1/4 cup K salt, & 3 tbl Chrystal Hot sauce marinate 24 hrs

Always try to use buttermilk when deep frying chicken but not long ago I actually marinated the chicken overnight and man it was the best I can remember in a long time, everyone that had it agreed.

Sometime when grilling or smoking chicken I do like to marinate it in Italian dressing. I may give the buttermilk a try for that sometime soon.
Dave

I usually use Italian dressing also. But yesterday, I use Balsalmic vinergarette and red wine. It came out delicious.

Don't usually marinade chix, but like to lay down a thin coat of zesty Italian dressing before putting the rub on.

Back