THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boys we can chase rabbits or we can start something proactive :)

Maybe I am unrealistic but working inside the system
even if that means helping to create a committee system
would seem the best use of our energy

Boys we can chase rabbits or we can start something proactive :)

Maybe I am unrealistic but working inside the system
even if that means helping to create a committee system
would seem the best use of our energy
I agree Thom. Every board that I have been on, and there have been several, the committees where where most of the work was done. (By the way, I love the "chasing rabbits" thingie:)

The difficult part is if the BoD Member is the Committee Chair and he or she
is lazy and has no intention of working much it will be hard to make it work

You're making a mountain out of a molehill. No report is not bad. Some committees may only need an annual report. The BOD usually gets the big CBJ, judging and rules problems without the committee ever getting involved.

Rules & Regulations committee gathers info during the year, has a meeting in Janaury and then makes a recommendation for the BOD in FEB. That's one report per year - a no brainer there.

Education - report as needed. Same for Philanthropy. May only be one or two per year.

Nominating and elections maybe 2 per year when needed for election cycle.

Membership, new ideas, technology, R&D, sanctioning, CBJ & Judging - only when a report is needed. If nothing is changing why have a report to say that.

Monthly - finance and marketing. I think the membership should hear these.

For all but a couple above I think more of the committee stuff becomes business items for the BOD before the committee gets to it so there's nothing to reprot to the BOD if they grab the reins.

admin note:

Back on topic please folks.

don asked for things to bring to the february board meeting.

Please stay with the intent of the op and the topioc of the thread.

this thread will be split to allow the discussion of term limits, etc to continue

ok guys, february the 6th the kcbs board will be a having a day long planning meeting. I would love to hear what you would like to see come out of this meeting and kcbs. I not looking for bull here, but i do want to hear from you. Email me at the kcbs us at my user name of dharwell.

fyi - it was nice to see a lot of brethren in philly this weekend.

donh

Phil Sorry But that was our topic
The use of committees to advance the organization,
starting in Feb.

Ford LOL You know what we were referencing
Not some remote once a year gathering

Back