You guys need one of these.

I like Kent Rollins- a lot (in a manly way of course).

He's hinted at a Bertha for the masses being in the works- and I'm sure it's a dandy. It's just not for me- even if it were free. It was not so long ago that clothes were boiled in a cast iron pot with lye soap- not really wanting to experience that either.

But for those who do want the wood stove experience and have the $$ - I'm sure not mad at you- take pictures and report back.

I love it and if I had a cabin retreat on some acreage I would certainly consider it. It's a bit pricey though and not well suited for the suburbs. If you get one please show some videos in action.

chudd box is much cheaper!

Kinda thought the same thing at first but I don’t think it’s a comparison. Is it cool, yup? If I had unlimited money would I spend 5k and find a place for it? Yup. But as a normal person I wouldn’t even consider it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already have one - sort of. There is something very similar to this in my camp:

2-D5887-E1-03-E4-448-B-B502-BEC40-A67-B056.jpg

I’m currently only using the LP side. Any time I’ve tried to use the wood side, I’ve ended up choking myself out, but someday, I’m gonna master it! (There’s about 5 dampers/controls)

I've been thinking this one over for awhile...and can't come up with a need for one. I can think if lot cheaper stuff to burn wood in.

Living in ranch country, friends and neighboring ranchers all have pits, homemade pipeline or oilfield smokers, block pits, etc.. I'm sittin' pretty with my collection of cookers and there's always a backhoe handy for bigger get togethers.

I do wish Mr. Rollins well on his endeavor. :thumb:

Not sure I'd use one in our current situation, but it looks very versatile and well built.

One thing for sure, that fella sure could sell ice to Eskimos!

:laugh:

Back