You asked for it...Smoked swissed steak!

That looks delicious! I love Swiss Steak, but I would have never thought to cook it in a grill.
Thanks!

Yes I never thought of doing it on the grill too but It does what the stove top does so I figured why not and let it get some smoke along the way. After I lowered the charcoal basket just a little bit of air gave me a nice slow simmer.

Looks great! Glad it was tender.
Thanks Terry, yea it was way tender. I like using top round but cubed does real good too since it's already tenderized.

I used the jaccard, flattened with some pounding and then used the jaccard again and after some simmering it falls apart.

Looks good, I have no idea what Swissed steak is
Hey Bob I'd add that you'll love the slightly sweet and savory gravy swissed steak makes. The gravy IMO is the real highlight to this meal, especially when introduced with some mashed potatoes.

In our family it was a mushroom and onion gravy with either ground beef like Ron said, or "pounded round steak" which my Mom pounded with the mouth of an old Coke bottle.

In our family it was a mushroom and onion gravy with either ground beef like Ron said, or "pounded round steak" which my Mom pounded with the mouth of an old Coke bottle.

I think Mom also had celery in hers but i'm not positive. The next batch is gonna be cubed steak, and adding the celery, a little chopped carrots and mushrooms. Oh and gonna use both mashed taters and egg noodles under it.

This is such a good meal I'm surprised it's only an old school thing we can remember as kids.

Back