Yoder YS640 Competition Cart

sean75p

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Sean
Folks, I'm looking to buy the Yoder YS640 but should I pay an extra 500 bucks for the orange competition cart?

I don't own one but I think if you will be moving it around a lot, those tires would be a big help as apposed to the standard hard casters. Plus you get the stainless shelf and it looks cool too.

I would just cause it looks cool not to mention how much easier it would be to wheel around

Get it for the easy to wipe stainless steel shelves and love it for the easy way to move it around when needed.

You'll always have that nagging feeling in the back of your mind if you don't get it.

Standard cart is unstable and take 2 people to move in grass or other soft dirt. Competition cart I move by myself.

I just bought a YS1500 and with the comp cart and ties I can move it by myself. I'd highly recomment the comp cart, plus it looks b@d@ss

I had a ys640 w/comp cart. Loved that cooker. I would recommend the company cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Folks, I'm looking to buy the Yoder YS640 but should I pay an extra 500 bucks for the orange competition cart?
Hmmmm, lets see. Should you spring for the competition cart in orange.
Let me think about that for a moment.
Oh Wait, let me go look at mine. Yep, its still gorgeous.

Yes, Yes, I think you should. Ask for a discount if it helps
picture.php

Hmmmm, lets see. Should you spring for the competition cart in orange.
Let me think about that for a moment.
Oh Wait, let me go look at mine. Yep, its still gorgeous.

Yes, Yes, I think you should. Ask for a discount if it helps
picture.php

Where's all the rust? My brother-in-law has that same smoker and it's kept in his garage but the black painted steel below the handle is rusted and flaking off.

Comp cart a must. No rust issues with mine either. It's kept in a garage at the cabin without a cover. I learned not to cover steel smokers because of the condensation that the covers trap and rust them out.

My LSG offset hasn't seen a cover in 3 years that parks outside rain or shine. No rust issues whatsoever. Only had to repaint the firebox once.

Oh and I'm partial to grey. :-D

hJ0HJ7Mh.jpg

I have several smokers and the YS640 on a comp cart is by far the easiest to move. I have to wheel my cookers about 100 feet each time I want to cook. The thing is like having 4 wheel drive in the winter through snow.

Don't have mine yet, but I just ordered one on a comp cart 2 weeks ago. I debated like you as well and knew I'd kick myself if I didn't get it and had to pay more after to add it. Just get it.

Where's all the rust? My brother-in-law has that same smoker and it's kept in his garage but the black painted steel below the handle is rusted and flaking off.

SonVolt
No rust. None. Mine lives outside 365 days a year. I had heard all about the rust issues that Yoder may have had in days passed when I was making my choice. Once I saw one I was able to discount the rust issues. I also live in the desert in Arizona. For where I live and the weather we have, rust just isn't much of an issue. If I lived elsewhere, I might feel different.

Back