Yardley BBQ on the Farm -Results !!!

farkin awesome way to start out a season. Congrats guys!!

Excellent showing Vinny - Congrats to you and yer team. Tough field!

It was awesome to hear (and loudly cheer for) all the Brethren teams as they got called up to the stage.

Kudo's to Kyle too in the Backyard - SWEET!!

I wish I could have actually LEFT my site to go and chat with everyone! Hey, there's plenty more a comin'.

This was a really great event, even with the rain and wind. Tom and Smoken' Dudes did a wonderful job and the MABA breakfast got me through an otherwise crazy Sunday.

I guess I'll see y'all next time!

I wish I could have actually LEFT my site to go and chat with everyone!
Tough to do when there's only 2 of you doing all the work. We were able to sneak away for a few minutes to say howdy to all the Brethren we could find but we couldn't hang too long with anyone either. I think we did pretty good but we didn't get to stop in at the Lo n Slo camp, hopefully next time. It was really good to hang out with y'all for the weekend and we're really looking forward to doing it all again in New Holland.
Anyway, congrats Vinny on the 3rd place and to all the rest of the Brethren who were there. Next time we gotta send someone over to the Midnight Smoker's camp on Satuday night with a bottle of some intoxicating (read: "incapacitating") beverage so that the rest of us will have a chance come Sunday. Maybe Rich Decker would be up to it? :-D
Speaking of Rich, I don't think we could've set up next to a nicer (or louder :wink: ) crew. What a great time we had. Thanks to Rich, Guy, Vinny, the Michelles and everyone else who made our first KCBS event a real blast!

Last edited:
Vinny - I think we may have met awhile back (last year Salisbury) over a few drinks at Rich's tent (surprise, surprise). I seem to remember chatting with you at some point. Either way, congrats on a great finish!

Jason

grand Midnite Smokers
reserve The BBQ Guru

3 Bad Bones BBQ Crew
4 3eyz BBQ
5 The Big Name in Smoking
6 Smokey T's Pit Crew
7 The Purple Turtle
8 Jumping Dog BBQ
9 Widespread Pork
10 Pig Pen BBQ

Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ 3rd place dessert

Is the complete list posted anywhere yet? You have to go down the listing just a little farther to find us. :-D

Do you have the results ? How about posting the top 5 or 10 in each category ?
My teammate took them home with him and I don't have access to them right now. That's why I was wondering if they were available anywhere online yet, I'd like to post the full results here. I love seeing the Brethren names in bold. :wink:

Congrats to all the teams that got the calls. Sorry I didn't get to walk around and talk to anyone. My team had some problems this week-end and it ended up being me. I did have a few friends stop by and help out.

I was right in back of Midnight Smokers blocking the wind all week-end. Don't worry, I was watching them do their magic. Thanks to all the folks that gave me a hand this week-end. Hey, I didn't score real well but we all ate good.

Mike

We (Pig Tippin') got killed in the main categories this year. I still don't know what happened. I thought our ribs were a top-ten and that our chicken and pork would finish respectably. Our brisket (which I thought was our worst meat) finished best, which isn't saying much.

Our team ended up on 46th out of 47. It was an incredible disappointment and step backwards. I really don't know what to say...I guess it's back to the drawing board.

With that being said, we did finish 3rd in the Iron Chef and 4th in the dessert. I really shouldn't complain too much :icon_shy I just which we scored better in the main categories.

Sorry I didn't get to meet anybody this weekend, I was too busy. I do believe that my teammate (ruger1v) met Kirk though.

We (Pig Tippin') got killed in the main categories this year. I still don't know what happened. I thought our ribs were a top-ten and that our chicken and pork would finish respectably. Our brisket (which I thought was our worst meat) finished best, which isn't saying much.

Our team ended up on 46th out of 47. It was an incredible disappointment and step backwards. I really don't know what to say...I guess it's back to the drawing board.

With that being said, we did finish 3rd in the Iron Chef and 4th in the dessert. I really shouldn't complain too much :icon_shy I just which we scored better in the main categories.

Sorry I didn't get to meet anybody this weekend, I was too busy. I do believe that my teammate (ruger1v) met Kirk though.

I am one of those fools that always looks for the silver lining--so forgive me here :oops:

#1--You were not the dreaded DAL! :lol:
#2--It can only get better next time! :lol:

So, keep on practicing and improving and look for ways to do it better next time!

Use your great job in the Iron Chef and the Dessert as a stepping stone to overall greatness!!!!!!!

TIM

...My team had some problems this week-end and it ended up being me...
Wow man, that's a tough deal. I'd say that just being able to make all the turn ins would be an accomplishment.
Yep, I ran into him while he was taking his boy over to the "facilities" I think, so that was a quick visit. Sorry we never got over to say howdy to the rest of the crew.
#1--You were not the dreaded DAL! :lol:
That honor went to one of the guys who was cooking behind us. I've met him before. Nice guy. He did just about as well as we did at the only other contest I've done. When I found out he was 47th I felt really bad for him. I don't think he's a bad cook, but I don't think he was really in tune with what the judges would be expecting as far as turn ins. He may have been done in by the Lost Nation crew too because he told me he had tipped quite a few with those guys on Saturday night. :-D

Any more results?
Top 10 or 5 in each category?

Thanks!
Mike

I also got killed this weekend, oh well there's always the next contest. It was a fun contest and a whirl wind weekend. It was my pleasure to meet as many brethren as I did.

Dang it! My teammate still has the full results and I haven't been able to get them from him. There were a lot of Brethren getting calls in the various categories, I just can't remember them all.
We had our ups and downs but I was pretty happy (shocked actually) about our overall placement. Out of 47 teams, we wound up:
22nd in chicken :|
6th in ribs (I think we lost a tie breaker for 5th - not sure about that though) :-D
37th in pork :x
and..., 7th in brisket :-D
That earned us 13th overall! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
This was our first big contest and our goals were to just get out there, have fun, and not embarass ourselves. Well, with the help of a lot of people on this here forum, I think we managed to do that. Thanks again everybody and if I can get the full results from Jim, I'll put them up ASAP.

Back