Yard Bird

KevinJ

somebody shut me the fark up.
Halved a whole chicken this morning injected it with BPS Chicken Prod then seasoned with Loot N' Booty Gold Star Chicken Rub, cooked on the Performer with Lump in the Vortex and a small chunk of Pecan for a hint of smoke.

cHSqXLs.jpg

Drizzled with Alabama White Sauce.

G4NTySV.jpg

To me....not really. There's more of a vinegar bite to white sauce than the Horsey sauce. I like to amp up the horse radish when I make mine.

Sorry for the de-rail, Kevin......back to topic. :oops:
No worries brother we're just talking Q. :wink:

That is some good looking chicken. You're really going to like doing chicken on the Mak. I know the rub is great, what about the Chicken Prod? I have been trying to decide between it, Kosmo's, or Butchers. Do you know how it compares to Cajun Injector, for moistness?

That is some good looking chicken. You're really going to like doing chicken on the Mak. I know the rub is great, what about the Chicken Prod? I have been trying to decide between it, Kosmo's, or Butchers. Do you know how it compares to Cajun Injector, for moistness?
First time injecting a chicken so I wouldn't be a good judge, it certainly was moist and everyone thought it turned out great.

I thought for sure the bird was done on the Hunsaker - nice kettle work :clap2:
Prefer to hang them in the drum but the kettle + vortex is heck of a chicken cooker too. I was being lazy and ease of setup and cleanup on the kettle won out.

Back