THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice looking cook!

Can someone educate me on the charcoal used for this cook? Brand? Where to buy?

The symmetric shape has me mesmerized. Love the way they just fit!

Last edited:
Nice little cooker Sako, thanks for the post.

Thanks Marty!

A friend of mine purchased the same grill. Based on his experience, do not allow it to get wet. it is a cool little design.

Thanks for the heads up.

Just WOW neighbor!

I have meat envy :oops:

I know what you mean about spending more on Beer!

Thanks neigbhor!

That's farking awesome, Sako! Where's the Japanese market where you got all that great meat?

We do need to have a little talk, though...

How many grills are you up to now? I really think you have a bit too many, so I'll take the Santa Maria. We'll be by to pick it up this weekend.

Thanks!

:mrgreen:

Thanks Moose! Mitsuwa Marketplace Japanese chain and there are multiple locations.

Oh the grills :becky: Sold off quite a few already but I think I'm about 10+ toys now.

I've been on a ceramic binge now with this one and the terracotta pizza oven I picked up two weeks ago. :-D

OX5ZtHoh.jpg

Still not tired of the SM so I'll keep you posted. :p

Hey Sako! That's Hibachi! Seems wrong for yer meat to cost 3X more than yer grill, Baller!

Lol Thanks Dave! Hey, it did the job. :-D

That thing is pretty slick! I wonder how well it would do inserted into a wooden table, or do you think it would get too hot?

Thanks Sergio! I say you'll be totally fine. It's about warm to the touch and doesn't radiate heat like a the WGA does or any other non-ceramic grill.

That looks like a whole lot of fun. I can't seem to find this grill on Amazon would someone please tell me what to search for.

Thanks! Here you go: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Sense-Large-Yakatori-Charcoal/dp/B003601SRA[/ame]

Nice looking cook!

Can someone educate me on the charcoal used for this cook? Brand? Where to buy?

The symmetric shape has me mesmerized. Love the way they just fit!

Those are Afire KOKO coconut charcoal briqs. I ordered them online from Williams-Sonoma some time back. They start with just about no smoke, burn long and fairly hot.

hLfa8Kxh.png

KWZZClEh.png

U9NDXth.jpg

Very cool, brother. That grill is a nice score at that price. I just did a cook like that the other night with my wga, but it never would have lasted 3 hours without a charcoal refill...

I love Mitsuwa. Its probably a good thing that it is 45 minutes away from me or I would spend waaay too much money there

Very cool, brother. That grill is a nice score at that price. I just did a cook like that the other night with my wga, but it never would have lasted 3 hours without a charcoal refill...

I love Mitsuwa. Its probably a good thing that it is 45 minutes away from me or I would spend waaay too much money there

Thanks Matt! Agreed. WGA is good but this retains fuel way better and no risk of someone accidentally touching and burning themselves. No heat radiations either which is safe for tables. :thumb:

True on Mitsuwa, a few buck here and a few bucks there then the total :shock:

Those are Afire KOKO coconut charcoal briqs. I ordered them online from Williams-Sonoma some time back. They start with just about no smoke, burn long and fairly hot.

COCO-BBQ Eco-Friendly Barbecue Charcoal Made from Coconut Shells for Low and Slow Grilling

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/COCO-BBQ-Eco-Friendly-Barbecue-Charcoal-Grilling/dp/B071W57VMN/ref=sr_1_37?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1497660639&sr=1-37&keywords=charcoal+briquettes[/ame]

Coconut Shell Charcoal by Komodo Kamado

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P9S71E6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2BZ68HKKK762I[/ame]

These ceramic grills are also available at Lowes however, they want a significant premium over Amazon for them.

Last edited:
Hey Sako! I almost walked out Cost plus with that same oven today. Was $90, but figured with my sudden want for a Kamado, I'd figured there was no point? How is it?

Hey Sako! I almost walked out Cost plus with that same oven today. Was $90, but figured with my sudden want for a Kamado, I'd figured there was no point? How is it?

Good thing you didn't pick it up yesterday Sergio and you're in luck it's on sale now for $ 64.99 for and there is a 10% off coupon which brings your grand total to $59 total :shock: if you order on line and pick it up in store.

I paid $72 out the door and for $59 I grab it in a heartbeat. Better picked in person since the shippers almost 99% will deliver it to you in pieces according to a lot of the reviews.

It's great for making 8-10" personal pies and works as advertised when you get down the wood fire cooking techniques down. I really like it.

B2oMBRIh.jpg

yORCKvph.jpg

zZjcXKqh.jpg

elEK3dzh.jpg

3PYEYwPh.jpg

Last edited:
Back