THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

food4thot

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Erik, E
Went to a Weber dealer to pick up a rotisserie kit for my Performer today. They also carry the full range of Big Green Eggs.

Had an XXL on the floor. The thing is ginormous. That plastic turkey looking thing is roughly the size of a 12-14# bird

Came with a certificate as being one of the first 1000 built. From the website:
The XXL is available as a Limited Edition in 2014 at selected dealers around the world. The first 1000 delivered will feature a special Commemorative Plaque and a Certificate of Authenticity as an Ed Fisher Limited Edition XXL EGG.

List price was around $4700. They had it discounted to $3900 with the nest.

I just bought a BGE XL and I thought that was big. :shocked:

I guess if you entertain a lot of have a large family it would be worth it.

Also from the website:

The Biggest Green Egg of them all, the unrivaled XXLarge EGG can easily handle your family reunion or cookouts with large groups – and is more than large enough to satisfy restaurant and catering needs. You’ll need to gather a crowd to tackle all of the ribs, steaks and burgers this EGG can handle … all at once! You can even roast a suckling pig … explore all the culinary possibilities with the new XXL!

Specifications:
Grid Diameter: 29 in / 74 cm
Cooking Area: 672 sq in / 4336 sq cm

The XXLarge EGG can cook:
35-40 burgers
14-16 whole chickens
18-20 steaks
20 mouth-watering racks of rib vertically
1 perfectly crisp suckling pig

family-eggs-in-nest-1000.jpg

I just bought a BGE XL and I thought that was big. :shocked:

I guess if you entertain a lot of have a large family it would be worth it.
How much was the XL?

They had a large egg mounted in a nice wood table with casters for about $1400.

Those look like 12" tiles, for scale. How much does it cost?

I went to the BGE store in Atlanta early in Feb. The BGE XXL on the showroom floor was a "limited edition" first 1000. The price tag was $5K!!:twitch:

...No problem I'll wait for you to get off of the floor.

That thing is huge Must weigh a ton I am very happy with my large and if we had people over ,ore often would get another

yea its way overpriced...it doesnt make any sense at all...you can get a nice MASSIVE trailer smoker for that price

12 - 14 chickens?????? :shock: i sorted thru about 10 cjickens at the freezer section today and they covered about 4' x 4' section of the freezer!! how damn big is the XXL BGE?

thing must weigh about 1000lbs or so!

i would not turn it down though if i won one....hahahaha

Back