THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sparky66

Knows what a fatty is.
Brethren,

Look at what I scored today. I was so stoked! Went shopping in the quest to score the 32 quart tamale steamer for my mini WSM. First I went to Target just to see what closeout deals they may have just on general BBQ stuff but they were pretty tapped...then I looked for the IMUSA 32 and nothing just the smaller ones. I found one last night at another Target but it did not fit.

So I then ventured down the road to Wally World...skunked again but not quite, because I found an El Cheapo throwaway type BBQ for $9.95 to scrap for an ash pan for a future UDS. Then a bit further down the road on my way back home and stopped at a nicer Wally World that had a ton of BBQ gear and alas they had ONE IMUSA 32 Qt. tamale steamer. So I unboxed one of their SJ's and harps sound...she fits! The lid was dented and warped a bit so it did not seal on the pot (we don't use it anyway) so I consulted guest services to ask for a discount and she gave it to me for $20 instead of the $24 it goes for. Grabbed a 12 pak of Coronas on sale and my IMUSA and headed out to the truck with MY SJ in there to test fit before I hit the road and it was a match made in heaven. But wait...there is more. I still had some shopping in me because I knew there were deals to be had at this time of what RETAILERS claim to be the end of BBQ season - but we know better. I decided to hit the HD - it would be remiss of me seeing as how it was RIGHT next door. It also was a VERY NICE HD with more BBQ gear on the floor than normal. Here we go...as soon as I walked in I asked a couple of guys that were shuffling Webers around if any were on sale and the floor worker said "we have this SJ on sale for $29" and I replied "come on that is what they normally go for - what do you think I'm stupid?" lol Then the other guy who turns out to be the Manager says" I can give you this one for $99" (a floor model) But get this...it s a Weber Performer with the Touch and Go!!!!!!! I tried to contain my excitement. We talked a bit more about other BBQ related stuff and I said "so you said $99 dollars right?" He said yeah, so I said unbolt it from the floor. He said we are not carrying this model anymore...we have a different model that we are now carrying. I looked at the model he was referring to and it was the Weber Performer but the one without the propane start which goes for $279. He said they are different somehow but I don't know why. I was out of there faster than Usain Bolt! I also grabbed a couple of charcoal grate replacements and some KF briqs. on sale just the same as Lowe's was featuring. 40lbs. for $9.97. Charcoal not in pics but I really did get it.
:becky::clap2::laugh::biggrin1:

Sparky

Attachments

• DSC02924.jpg
    DSC02924.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 301
Thats a great deal. My HD didn't even have the Kingsford on sale all they would say was bring in a lowes receipt and they would match it.

Awesome deals... I too cruise through the BBQ Depts. when visiting stores. You just never know... Cheers!!!

Thats a great deal. My HD didn't even have the Kingsford on sale all they would say was bring in a lowes receipt and they would match it.
Then you better let them know what's going on because I just put in a search for your local ad South Seatauket and they have the same deal...it is nation wide. They also have the two 13lb bags for $6.88.

Last day though

Back