Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Beef cheek green chile pizza AKA barbecoa pie :hungry:

T8IiSyWh.jpg

Couldn't pass by these cheeks so I grabbed em :biggrin1:

kdmgBKVh.jpg

Holy crap! If you think brisket trimming produces waste, opened one pouch and more than half was unusable waste. But the pay off is way worth it :nod:

EaNaVuxh.jpg

Had some Trader Joe's dough sitting out. Put it in the oven since we had late season snow and it was cold until I warmed up the cabin

Ft4ORWFh.jpg

Next I infused the oil with some onion and garlic then seared the cheeks

SXbCLkLh.jpg

A little bit of red wine (I forgot to buy beer) and water plus seasonings for the braise

JUKml8mh.jpg

Hand stretched the dough and "sauced" it with refried beans :p

YpjKEc0h.jpg

Chopped pickled serranos

N9tLFYeh.jpg

Put in on the pizza with some mozzarella

Y5fCOCsh.jpg

Into the oven

ncobhxTh.jpg

Cheeks were done and pulled tender

yCk7zskh.jpg

Pulled out the pizza next

PTYVXu4h.jpg

Topped with the cheek meat

o1GfGwAh.jpg

Onion and cilantro

g3br6Lhh.jpg

Finally topped with salsa verde :clap2:

NrAwmcEh.jpg

There it is boys

81iCvu4h.jpg

While at Costco I saw pizza boxes so I grabbed a 50 pack

7DfR9Qlh.jpg

Ready to deliver :becky: All kidding aside it's great for storing/transporting leftovers

Yte0nNZh.jpg

Needless to say I will be doing this again. Insane barbecoa flavors in a pizza form. Thanks for looking!

I would be game for a slice, or two. It's all new and interesting enough to me to dive in!

I would be game for a slice, or two. It's all new and interesting enough to me to dive in!

Thanks Ron! It's sort of like a burrito pizza. :grin: Beef cheeks are insanely good if you haven't had them.

I would argue, if needed, over a place in line to get a slice. Looks awesome. Was expecting photo of nasty out of date meat.

Heck yes I'd eat it. I haven't tried beef cheek yet because I haven't found it yet. Eventually I will though. Tasty looking pizza.

Beef cheeks aren't something you see in these parts.

And yes, I'd be on that pizza like a duck on a June bug.

Whoa! I'd be all over that!

I'd also be proud to put the trimmings in the skillet over low heat to whip up a batch of (fatty fatty) tacos.

Ridiculous, Sako. That's a Mexican Pizza that'd make Taco Bell executives weak in the knees.

Ya lost me at the refried beans... Sorry, can't stand them. Everything else, I'd be all over!

I've had cheek meat once...75% waste made the cooked meat near $16.00/lb...And I'd do it again...

Pizza looks friggin fantastic.

Back