THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IowaWildHogsBbq

Knows what a fatty is.
I am buying a assassin 28 smoker similar desighn to a stumps and a rebel. My question is right now I use wood chunks in my wsm. Thinking about buyin the 6 in mini splits from frutia wood to use in the new cooker.. I would use two pieces of pecan and one piece of cherry. Would this be to much?

Hey, I have an ss1, which is pretty much the exact same thing as the assassin. I used three pieces of wood, mini splits, and would work fine. Lately, I have been doing one split every hour for the first couple hours and its worked also. So, you are on the right track. I saw no bad effects of three splits

I know several guys that do this, and it works well for them. Just remember, it isn't just the amount of wood that matters. How seasoned it is and how/when it burns in your particular pit will also affect the amount of smoke it imparts.

Back